Antarctica Anyone?

• Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts and safety objectives.

• Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts and safety objectives.

Well, presumably anyone wanting this position wouldn't be expecting an ordinary type of job. I imagine everyone participates in station chores including the scientists stationed there.

There’s a p. Interesting documentary about the year-rounders in Antarctica on Amazon.

If you’ve got prime, it’s free.
c2fb646b34dcc31b7b722bd6f7aeefd0.jpg

My wife is absolutely convinced I’m going to end up down there after I’m done with the Army.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife is absolutely convinced I’m going to end up down there after I’m done with the Army.

Yeah that’s the one. Definitely a good way to kill some time.

Hopefully you get to see penguins like on the poster.

If anyone has the need to get away from civilization for a good chuck of time, PAE has a couple aviation related jobs for McMurdo Station in Antarctica:

Aviation Operations Coordinator:

Fixed Wing Operations Supervisor:

Please stop doing this Outside Magazine thing and ruining everything.

Ugh... one of the last great places on earth now available to any idiot with an internet connection.

God, I love human replication... Soooo terribly much.

If you must go, please take only pictures, leave only footprints (as few as possible, and ON trail).
View EVERYTHING. Expect NOTHING.

Last edited:
That SHOULD be SOP regardless of station.

Back