Oh Delta 11(?)

One of the most cringeworthy experiences is riding a hotel van with a crew member making over 6 figures complaining about being poor.

I get it, compared to our peers and how hard we work, we don't make what we should. But know your audience.

I did some of our peak flying for Purple out of Memphis. When I was done, the driver taking me to the airport told me how he's heard about what we're going through and has been praying for us and hopes we get what we deserve. Then he refused my tip. Absolutely friggin ridiculous.

I forgot what comedian said this, but you know you’re doing okay when you don’t have to worry or think about autopay for your bills.

It’s about control. Knowing what’s going where. Doing it manually is always a good reminder.
Even the car lease payment.

I may switch a fixed quantity bill to auto pay in the future, like car lease. But variable bills? Like electric, gas, credit cards, nope. I wanna see the bill first and I go line by line.

When I was in MI I read a story about some old lady living by herself who had been dead for like 5 yrs and no one knew. No one until auto pay bills ran out and some bank/financial institution finally served at home and they discovered her dead for 5 years.

1616106421147.gif

When I was in MI I read a story about some old lady living by herself who had been dead for like 5 yrs and no one knew. No one until auto pay bills ran out and some bank/financial institution finally served at home and they discovered her dead for 5 years.

I mean, that's obviously sad. It's still no reason for somebody who's married, with children, and doesn't live alone, to refuse to use basic technology like autopay.

As for me, I do live alone, and I couldn't possibly care less if nobody finds my rotting corpse for five years. :)

I don’t do auto pay for any bill. Call me old fashioned, but I like seeing the bill (in the mail), review it, then pay it online.
IAWTP ☝

Trying to get POS Time-Warner cable to do anything about double-billing me one month and then trying to charge late fees was all the experience I needed to know I want to stay in a position to decline making a payment vs trying to claw it back. A quarter-percent different in interest ain't worth it.

IAWTP ☝

Trying to get POS Time-Warner cable to do anything about double-billing me one month and then trying to charge late fees was all the experience I needed to know I want to stay in a position to decline making a payment vs trying to claw it back. A quarter-percent different in interest ain't worth it.
Wait, you pay to review a bill?

And I also eat pieces of • like you for breakfast! :D

They billed me twice one month for some reason. Trying to get them to even acknowledge that the second bill that showed-up with two line items for the same month was very difficult. After I declined to pay the full amount (only the original bill), they attempted to charge late fees for the unpaid double-billed portion.

No •in' way am I giving an outfit like that any permission to preemptively access my funds.

Wel
And I also eat pieces of • like you for breakfast! :D

They billed me twice one month for some reason. Trying to get them to even acknowledge that the second bill that showed-up with two line items for the same month was very difficult. After I declined to pay the full amount (only the original bill), they attempted to charge late fees for the unpaid double-billed portion.

No •in' way am I giving an outfit like that any permission to preemptively access my funds.

Dude you eat WHAT for breakfast? :)

Seriously, for me (FERRRMEEEEEEE), I don’t like autopay because I have the suspicion that I’d have to work twice as hard to be sure they took out the correct amount and an inordinate amount of time to get it back. Plus, it’s a great reminder of “do I REALLY need this?” Which I usually don’t and I’ll scale down and/or cancel.

One of the most cringeworthy experiences is riding a hotel van with a crew member making over 6 figures complaining about being poor.

I get it, compared to our peers and how hard we work, we don't make what we should. But know your audience.

I did some of our peak flying for Purple out of Memphis. When I was done, the driver taking me to the airport told me how he's heard about what we're going through and has been praying for us and hopes we get what we deserve. Then he refused my tip. Absolutely friggin ridiculous.
You're a completely decent person. Thanks for being that.

Back