NoPolitics: Airplanes you like that no one else does

Some of these are popular, and others maybe a little more lesser known.

Luscombe - a great, honest, inexpensive fun taildragger. While everyone is out chasing the other more well known, more expensive planes - this is a hidden secret of fun. Don't tell anyone.

Liberty XL2 - fun, sporty, IFR capable platform. Ditching cables for push/pull tubes makes a big difference and this plane shows you why.

Cubs - good old vintage airplane that is just fast enough to kill you, or embarrass you if you botch the landing.

Pitts - any of them. If you haven't flown one, you're missing out. It flies like a plane should, even if you don't get into aerobatics. Probably my favorite airplane of all time. Thanks Curtis!

Some of these are popular, and others maybe a little more lesser known.

Luscombe - a great, honest, inexpensive fun taildragger. While everyone is out chasing the other more well known, more expensive planes - this is a hidden secret of fun. Don't tell anyone.

Liberty XL2 - fun, sporty, IFR capable platform. Ditching cables for push/pull tubes makes a big difference and this plane shows you why.

Cubs - good old vintage airplane that is just fast enough to kill you, or embarrass you if you botch the landing.

Pitts - any of them. If you haven't flown one, you're missing out. It flies like a plane should, even if you don't get into aerobatics. Probably my favorite airplane of all time. Thanks Curtis!

Pitts! Got my T-D endorsement in an SB-2. I reckon if I can keep that short-coupled little monster straight, EVERYTHING else is cake! And I know how much y'all love Cake 'round this board.

Pitts! Got my T-D endorsement in an SB-2. I reckon if I can keep that short-coupled little monster straight, EVERYTHING else is cake! And I know how much y'all love Cake 'round this board.

Man, getting the endorsement in the S2B is a bold move. Nothing like 2,000fpm at 100mph with the blind spot of a car's hood in the way.

I don't think any of the ones I like the most are like universally hated, but they always seem to be uh let's say a bit "looked at sideways".

Luscombe
Aerostar
MU-2 (obviously)
F-104
B-58
MD-11

You get the idea. If some old dude at an FBO back in the mists of time told you that it was a death-trap, I want to fly it.

Man, getting the endorsement in the S2B is a bold move. Nothing like 2,000fpm at 100mph with the blind spot of a car's hood in the way.
The good news 'bout dat was... I was too stupid/naive to know the difference!

I got the TWE in the pursuit of spin training. During the spin recovery training rotations, I was too wimpy (stomach/puking/etc) to stay aloft more than about 15 minutes at a time. So we made a LOT of landings. Early on, I asked my instructor if he would let me attempt the landings. He did. I did about 38 landings - all x-wind, mostly on center, mostly 3-points without bobbles, and with no excursions or crashes. So ... he signed me off!

Can we do one where most people like the plane but you hate it so me and @SlumTodd_Millionaire can go on and on about how lame the 717 is?
Look, man... when you purchase someone else's creation, you've GOT to give it a new name. Anything less would illuminate your own incompetence, or worse, your own ig'nance, ain-a-hey? I mean, if it were really soooooo great, why the hell would they sell it? Unless, you know, you kinda stole it.

I don't think any of the ones I like the most are like universally hated, but they always seem to be uh let's say a bit "looked at sideways".

Luscombe
Aerostar
MU-2 (obviously)
F-104
B-58
MD-11

You get the idea. If some old dude at an FBO back in the mists of time told you that it was a death-trap, I want to fly it.

Knew I liked the cut of your jib, sir. Feel the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cessna 162 Skycatcher. It was a great airplane, but it was a poor LSA. Far more capable than the LSA standard allowed for. Climbed like hell, light handling, better power to weight ratio than a skyhawk or 150/152 in it's LSA form it was faster to drive if you were trying to go somewhere but it was great for poking holes in the sky.

Back