Airline flies passengers to the wrong airport

Flew cargo intended for HSV to SBN once. The cargo operator that I was vending for accidentally swapped my aircraft with a company aircraft. The other guy ended up taking SBN cargo to HSV. We waved at each other as we passed somewhere over Kentucky while taking the cargo to tge proper destinations.

Was always super easy to spot the Augusta GA passengers who were getting on the Augusta ME airplane... I mean end of March, if they were wearing shorts, a basketball shirt, or (trying not to be racists) not white- odds were we’d get a tap in the should in rock land with a “I think I got on the wrong plane”

Nope, you got on the right plane, you just bought a ticket to the wrong place. (AUG pops up first and is in ME).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gawd spare me, while I’ve never been to Augusta, Me. Let me say I’ve never heard anything out of mouths of the folks in GA like have from some in Portland about some your recent immigrants in Lewiston and Portland.

Back in the day I worked a flight from IAD-JFK. After we finally opened the cockpit door there was a lone woman sitting on the plane. “What time do you expect we will arrive in Kansas City?” I chuckled. Then I remembered that before we left they had accidentally given us the bag sheet for the flight next door that was headed to MCI.

At least she had a sense of humor about it.

Was always super easy to spot the Augusta GA passengers who were getting on the Augusta ME airplane... I mean end of March, if they were wearing shorts, a basketball shirt, or (trying not to be racists) not white- odds were we’d get a tap in the should in rock land with a “I think I got on the wrong plane”

Nope, you got on the right plane, you just bought a ticket to the wrong place. (AUG pops up first and is in ME).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, the only difference I’ve found between toothless north woods Maine rednecks and and Georgia rednecks, isn’t their affinity for hillbilly heroin, or meth, but their ability to grunt French swear words.

Oh gawd spare me, while I’ve never been to Augusta, Me. Let me say I’ve never heard anything out of mouths of the folks in GA like have from some in Portland about some your recent immigrants in Lewiston and Portland.

I uh, think you misinterpreted his post.

Was as a brand new RJ FO and went to the DFW gate for my flight, oops, guess we go to DAL too

RJ FO?

Let me guess, Virgin A319

giphy.gif

Last week I flew load of pax from ATL-CHS. After the flight I went into the terminal to do some walking and found a guy freaking out to the gate agent because he wanted to go ATL-CLT. My initial reaction was that I couldn't believe we let this poor guy on the wrong plane and shouldn't we have some sort of fine Southern Jets technology that should catch this at the gate scanner. But alas, looking at this guy's actual boarding pass and itinerary, he in fact bought himself a ticket for Atlanta to Charleston instead of Charlotte.

Can't fix stupid. Bet it was a great price, though
It happens. I've seen people buy tickets to MRY instead of MTY more than once. One guy came up and pointed at a Brasilia outside and said "That's taking us all the way to Mexico?". No breh, breh no.

I also saw several people buy JFK tickets when they're going to SYR/BUF ect and thought New York was just one place, SDQ thinking it was the island of Dominica, and even someone who thought ONT was Ontario, Canada. The province. She was a very attractive girl trying to fly home for XMAS to YYZ and thought "Ontario" was the search to do I guess since she "always told people she was from Ontario ". She was screwed, Canada was a CF at the time no open seats via any connection. She was going to return to SBA later in defeat, but some NCAA athlete looking guy came up with her an hour later and offered to drive her from DTW, but he was flying on Delta (yet she met him getting off a UA connection somehow LOL). It was so funny to me that even though it was a big no no I just rebooked her on Delta to 3/4 of the way further across the country LOL. I hope he got laid.

I was in high school on a PSA 727 SAN to BUR; We were taxing to the runway when the FA said ...our flight time to Burbank will be 28 minutes... Followed by the sound of someone running up the the isle.

They sent a car out to the end of the runway, lowered the back stairs and the pax got off. Of course he had to do the walk of shame from the front to the back stairs but, not before he announced he was a doctor.

Being a high school boy that gave me more time to check out the ”stewardess“.

01b96ea89fa87ac94a71ae14cd0e93c8.jpg

Last edited:
Back