Delta DX furlough protection

Jaketheman

Looks like Delta dispatchers get furlough protection until 12/31/2021. In return they agreed to work/pay reduction of 25% for 6 months.

No, it was 15% for 10 months, and amended scheduling guidelines (no OT, more relief lines), and a re-bid.
It truly sucks.

So I guess the vote passed then? I heard some of the senior peeps were pretty upset about the idea of a temporary pay cut to save the juniors.. if it passed I’m glad they worked something out

Now we know why Delta planned to furlough 119 dispatchers even after almost a hundred retirements. It worked. When this deal comes close to ending, all the other dispatch groups hope Delta dispatchers hold firm against efforts to make these cuts permanent. Otherwise, we are all next in line for pay cut battles.

Now we know why Delta planned to furlough 119 dispatchers even after almost a hundred retirements. It worked. When this deal comes close to ending, all the other dispatch groups hope Delta dispatchers hold firm against efforts to make these cuts permanent. Otherwise, we are all next in line for pay cut battles.
I can’t imagine that there is anything the company can offer them to make the pay cuts permanent... also, if by the end of this deal (end of next year) they are still over staffed then they will just have to furlough some of them.
By the way, if by December 2021 we are not in a much better place then we will all be screwed, not just dispatchers. If airlines are still bleeding money, they will be declaring bankruptcies and will force-slash everyone’s pay.

Last edited:
What other groups took a pay cut at Delta?
Pilots are the only other union at delta and they did not take any deals yet. But most of the other work groups have had the forced 25% work reduction since April trough September and sounds like that has just been extended through the end of this year.
And there haven’t been any pay cuts yet, everyone at delta is still making their normal hourly salary for now. It’s all been a work/hours reduction.

Pilots are the only other union at delta and they did not take any deals yet. But most of the other work groups have had the forced 25% work reduction since April trough September and sounds like that has just been extended through the end of this year.
And there haven’t been any pay cuts yet, everyone at delta is still making their normal hourly salary for now. It’s all been a work/hours reduction.
Well, FA's are sharing lines and above wing staff took months off and are now on 32 hours lines. I think the rampies are on reduced lines too.

That's fine though, they wanna give to the mighty machine that leaves more for management. Be a real shame if the unionized workgroups took all that sacrifice meant for management and pocketed it for themselves.

Well, FA's are sharing lines and above wing staff took months off and are now on 32 hours lines. I think the rampies are on reduced lines too.

That's fine though, they wanna give to the mighty machine that leaves more for management. Be a real shame if the unionized workgroups took all that sacrifice meant for management and pocketed it for themselves.
Management will always get theirs because their management. It's wrong but it's the world we live in today.

Back