Delta pilot turns plane around after 2 passengers refuse to wear masks

Oxman

DETROIT (WJW) — A Delta Air Lines pilot turned a plane around at an airport in Michigan when two passengers refused to wear masks, WXYZ reports.

The pilot returned the plane to the gate at the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport after two travelers were being “non-compliant” with instructions from crew members.

Delta Air Lines Spokesperson Emma Protis told CNN the passengers were removed from the plane.
Flight 1227 from Detroit to Atlanta returned to the gate following two customers who were non-compliant with crew instructions. After a short delay, the aircraft departed to Atlanta.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Delta is requiring all customers and employees to wear a mask or appropriate face covering over their nose and mouth throughout their travel. This includes during boarding, while in Delta waiting areas, and for the duration of the flight.

The airline is also requiring medical screenings for passengers who can’t wear face masks due to health reasons. The private screening is a virtual consultation conducted over the phone. Delta will use the outcome of the screening to determine whether the passenger can fly maskless.

Those who don’t comply with the company’s coronavirus protocols could face being banned from future flights.

I hope they are blackballed from Delta for life.

nymt-greyhound-race-bus-01.jpg

There's too many stupid people in this country that think "mah rights" trump Delta's or any other airlines' ability to set and enforce policies on their own property.

I hope Delta goes after them for the cost of having to return to the gate.
Just once I wish the judge would order the dumb ass to pay for the extra fuel and other expenses involved in turning an aircraft around. All the way to other pax needing a night in a hotel because they missed their connection.

Just once I wish the judge would order the dumb ass to pay for the extra fuel and other expenses involved in turning an aircraft around. All the way to other pax needing a night in a hotel because they missed their connection.

When I went to ”charm school”, the amount recovered from diversion costs was in the millions. There are literally attorneys on staff that specifically handle stuff like this.

It happens. We had one two years ago. The crazy thing was the guy was being deported to Korea for some reason and he was still able to stop and get q bottle of duty free booze delivered to him at the gate.

It happens. We had one two years ago. The crazy thing was the guy was being deported to Korea for some reason and he was still able to stop and get q bottle of duty free booze delivered to him at the gate.

Didn’t you have a captain divert an A330 over a blanket :D

I wish these articles had more publicity. Play stupid games on a jet, win stupid prizes, get an invoice for costs.

When I went to ”charm school”, the amount recovered from diversion costs was in the millions. There are literally attorneys on staff that specifically handle stuff like this.

DL comms needs to put this info out to the media - a story that shows what happens when someone gets sued by a carrier for lost costs would do much to change the bravado of some folks.

Back