FedEx Feeders

csomm

I am transitioning to a new job and I am looking into the FedEx feeders. I know that the feeders are Baron Aviation, Corporate Air, Empire Airlines, Mountain Air Cargo, CSA Air, Westair and Wiggins. Does anyone know how many pilots each company has?

Each?
I doubt anyone has a running total except FedEx.
More importantly, why does it matter?

Are you interested in a hard number? Because that is kind of irrelevant. Almost all of them are considerably short staffed though......

135 IFR PIC mins? Can you fog a mirror?

Hired.

Are you interested in a hard number? Because that is kind of irrelevant. Almost all of them are considerably short staffed though......

135 IFR PIC mins? Can you fog a mirror?

Hired.

I remember when Fred had a hard 2000 TT minimum for their feeder pilots. Most of the purple feeders pilots had come from a year at the brown feeders who would hire anyone with 135 mins and could fog a mirror.

I used to joke that Martinaire was Barron's training department.

Former Wiggins vet, with nothing but good things to say about it as a flight follower getting into 121. Feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to help out with what knowledge I've kept...
:)

I am transitioning to a new job and I am looking into the FedEx feeders. I know that the feeders are Baron Aviation, Corporate Air, Empire Airlines, Mountain Air Cargo, CSA Air, Westair and Wiggins. Does anyone know how many pilots each company has?

Empire has around 55 Caravan pilots

Anyone think the Caravans will be replaced with the new 408's that apparently are coming out in 2020?

Anyone think the Caravans will be replaced with the new 408's that apparently are coming out in 2020?
I wwould think that’s the plan, slowly but surely. I bet there are some routes that will always be serviced by the van though.

I heard from somebody on this forum a couple years back that Wiggins doesn't give their floater pilots any full weeks off, and that they're constantly on the road. Is this true? Are they still doing this?

I heard from somebody on this forum a couple years back that Wiggins doesn't give their floater pilots any full weeks off, and that they're constantly on the road. Is this true? Are they still doing this?
I would imagine that pilots at essentially any 135 are being beat up right now to provide coverage.

I gotcha. Also, regarding the 50 hours of instrument in actual flight, Baron says 50 hours of 'actual,' while the rest specify in 'actual flight,' meaning simulated or actual. Do they want 50 hours of 'actual IMC?' I've got about 40 actual, its just tough this time of year to get enough actual IMC time. Is this correct, or am I reading into it wrong?

Just now staring down the barrel of getting a commercial rating. I am currently trying to come up with idea's to build time at 250 hours. I know it's going to be difficult beside going the cfi route. I know of a banner towing op in my area (KJAX) Does any one else have any suggestions or operation that will take a commercial pilot at 250?

Just now staring down the barrel of getting a commercial rating. I am currently trying to come up with idea's to build time at 250 hours. I know it's going to be difficult beside going the cfi route. I know of a banner towing op in my area (KJAX) Does any one else have any suggestions or operation that will take a commercial pilot at 250?

Mountain Air Cargo is planning to hire SIC's for the 208. low time is ok.

Back