Detroit plane crash kills pilot and wife

RDoug

Pilot out of fuel, had landing gear problems in Detroit plane crash killing him, wife
  • According to initial findings, the plane had problems landing before it ran out of fuel, hit two trees and a power line, and then exploded into flames. The pilot, Greg Boaz, and his wife, Julie, were both killed.
  • Lifelong friend Bob Mutina told FOX 2 that Greg and his family lived outside of Houston and flew from Arkansas Sunday night for his daughter's volleyball tournament in Detroit this week. He said that Greg owned two restaurants in Texas and only recently bought the plane but not flown recently. He recalled a conversation he had with another friend.
  • "I said Randy I don't think he's flown. I said he used to fly a lot back in the 80's and 90's and he said you know, Bob, I felt really uncomfortable cuz he said I don't think he's flown in a long time. He said I don't think Greg needs to be flying that airplane until he learns it," Mutina said.

I hate when people do that. Like the EMT on the Southwest flight that said "God put me on this plane for a reason." Really? Because you didn't save anyone, and if God was stacking the deck, he could have prevented the entire thing.
I’m waiting around for God to heal an amputee. Amputees have been praying for centuries. God must hate amputees.

Really sad situation for their son, as the sole survivor. There's video of him getting out relatively unscathed. (1 min. in)

I realize it's early reporting, but would unusable fuel create that kind of fire?
I'll cross my fingers while I say a quick prayer to keep the agnostics happy, hope the kid is ok.
That was my thought, if it was out of fuel what burst into flames?

Also, I don't see anybody pulling anyone out of anything. I guess "local Heroes stand around while kid saves self" doesn't have the same ring.
Was wondering the same thing. Video must of started just after the heroics ended? The kid clearly rolled his own ass out of that plane, did I read that a bystander "pryed" the door open? If so, a little messed up..."got the door open! Damn, that's hot, good luck!"

Also, I don't see anybody pulling anyone out of anything. I guess "local Heroes stand around while kid saves self" doesn't have the same ring.

Was hoping he pried open door and retreated. Otherwise, it looks like a guy running folks out of his back yard with a stick. “I don’t have time for silly white folks crashing and [stuff]”.

Back