VIRGIN HIRING

I can't wait to make new friends!!

QjKHaOi.png

I could be dumb and stupid and crazy and drunk and .....did I already say stupid?.. But I think that link might be extinct.

I could be dumb and stupid and crazy and drunk and .....did I already say stupid?.. But I think that link might be extinct.
Are you always intoxicated when you post? lol I have been spending the past few hours reading through a lot of the threads on here and whenever you post it is always the most incoherent jumble of words. Not knocking it, just want to know what you are drinking! ;)

Hey bushplotter87...Dear lad, the kitchen is clearly too hot for you. Stay back. Yes, that's too with two o's. Most folks on this forum have not a clue. But I think you do-(do).

but I want to be clear here...that the job listing/link above is an absolute jumble of words. You are being fooled once again. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains. But I m glad you chose me to applaud. Here here....or is it Hear hear??

Hey bushplotter87...Dear lad, the kitchen is clearly too hot for you. Stay back. Yes, that's too with two o's. Most folks on this forum have not a clue. But I think you do-(do).

but I want to be clear here...that the job listing/link above is an absolute jumble of words. You are being fooled once again. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains. But I m glad you chose me to applaud. Here here....or is it Hear hear??
Will Virign America hire straight out of dispatch school? I could see my self leaving Texas for sfo. Encourages free thinking and lifestyle.

Will Virign America hire straight out of dispatch school? I could see my self leaving Texas for sfo. Encourages free thinking and lifestyle.
really? how many times do these people have to tell you. they are trying to give you good advice and steer you in the right direction and you seem rather... dense.

really? how many times do these people have to tell you. they are trying to give you good advice and steer you in the right direction and you seem rather... dense.
You seem rather judgmental. I'm arming myself with knowledge that this forum has openly offered.

They may be a bit judge mental, but you seem a bit dense. You'll find quickly in dispatch that people will answer questions and help, but keep asking the same questions and people will get short with you REAL quick.

Improbable, but not impossible. "Straight out of dispatch school" could mean anything. Did you work in the ramp tower at a hub airport for 5 years learning the ins and outs of airline logistics? You might show up on their radar. Were you selling phones or delivering pizzas (i have nothing against those professions) before someone told you about dispatching? Then, no.

If you have no aviation experience, then my and many others' advice would be to scale back your expectations and work step by step. If a big "name-brand" airline is your goal, you should expect to work for a regional when you begin dispatching. Thats not a bad thing. Regionals are boot camp. It'll turn you from a bag of flesh into a block of wood. If the interviews aren't pouring in, then get your hands on any aviation experience you can find. Sling bags at a commercial airport. Fuel prop-engines at a suburban airfield. Shuffle papers for the flight school. Just try to do something that will put aviation on your resume. After that, the regionals will probably start inviting you in for a chat and you'll be on your way.

Improbable, but not impossible. "Straight out of dispatch school" could mean anything. Did you work in the ramp tower at a hub airport for 5 years learning the ins and outs of airline logistics? You might show up on their radar. Were you selling phones or delivering pizzas (i have nothing against those professions) before someone told you about dispatching? Then, no.

If you have no aviation experience, then my and many others' advice would be to scale back your expectations and work step by step. If a big "name-brand" airline is your goal, you should expect to work for a regional when you begin dispatching. Thats not a bad thing. Regionals are boot camp. It'll turn you from a bag of flesh into a block of wood. If the interviews aren't pouring in, then get your hands on any aviation experience you can find. Sling bags at a commercial airport. Fuel prop-engines at a suburban airfield. Shuffle papers for the flight school. Just try to do something that will put aviation on your resume. After that, the regionals will probably start inviting you in for a chat and you'll be on your way.
I do have aviation experience at a FBO near Austin.

I would never discourage anyone from applying at any airline, but it would not be wise to apply only at Virgin. The odds would not be in your favor.

Honestly, it wouldn't be wise to apply at any one airline, putting your eggs in a single basket. I researched them all. Start with Wikipedia. Find the ones that are absolutely unbearable if you must eliminate one or two, but for your first DX job it would be wise to take the first one offered.

I didnt eliminate anyone. I hoped for ExpressJet because it was close to where I lived then and would have been an easy commute. I ended up packing up the family and moving West for my first dispatch job making $14/hr. I don't regret it for a second, but I'm a flexible guy.

Back