Army Aviators (CW3+)

Jettsdad

Helllo JC,
I was looking for any Army Aviators that would be so kind as to help me out. I am thinking about dropping a WO packet and looking for someone to talk to and willing to interview me and possibly write a LOR. I have about 5 1/2 years in service. I'm a Tank Commander in a heavy unit with no contact with army aviators. 01 Sept I will be getting promoted to SSG. I have one deployment under the belt.I have a little over 30hours towards my PPL which will be complete in a few months give or take depending on some upcoming training events. my lowest asvab line score is 118. I'll be taking the SIFT soon and have 63 semester hours of college and have 1 more semester to complete the A.A.S in Business management I'm currently working on. Not sure what all of that information is pertinent to Army aviation but I figured I'll offer a bit of my background. If anyone is willing to help out we can arrange to speak though any means deemed appropriate. I can assure you, you will not be writing a recommendation for a bad candidate. Thanks in advance!

I'm afraid I can't be of any assistance, but I did want to say "thanks for your service". These are very difficult and stressful times to be in uniform and I appreciate you stepping up to the challenge.

One suggestion. Go over to the airfield on your base and find some pilots and talk with them. They have all been where you are and they will understand how you want to put your best foot forward and I'm sure they will give you good advice.

One suggestion. Go over to the airfield on your base and find some pilots and talk with them. They have all been where you are and they will understand how you want to put your best foot forward and I'm sure they will give you good advice.

+1 you already have access to bases, the global, DSN phone numbers and prior service with an understanding of how the military works. This isWAY more than a lot of people who come on the boards have so if you are really serious about this, you will seek out the people you need. Suggestions would be to get in touch the chief pilot of an aviation brigade (I'm USAF, so apologies if that is not the correct structure of an organization a CP would would have a billet in), reach out to WOs that are just line pilots, talk to any air operations officers or warrant officers that will give you time. The great thing is that your prior service and rank will command some respect and earn the ability to take part in face time (well bartime really) and figure out what you need to know about getting a package together. Put the work in you'll get there.

Go talk to your brigade BAE cell. There will be at least a CW3 aviator attached in some way to that. From him you can probably track down some 4/5s to have a sit down with.

Which post are you at? I may be able to get you a contact in one of the resident CABs depending on your location.

Thanks everyone! I'm at Fort Stewart, Hunter Army Airfield is about 45 mins up the road, I could go up there and start talking to aviators but I wasn't sure on the proper protocol for that.

Start with a handshake (or salute) and a smile.

"You can get a lot farther with a smile and a gun than you can with just a smile."

Often attributed to Al Capone, but never proven to have been his words.

However, I think it's best to go with PilotFighter's recommendation instead of Al Capone's. Just use the smile and the handshake.

Incidentally, there is a joint military / civilian airfield right where you are at Fort Stewart. Here is some information about it:

http://www.midcoastregionalairport.com/

@Pilot Fighter Solid tip!

@Houston, I've been up there when I was looking for a flight school and there isn't much going on there, Just a smal (but VERY nice)l FBO and a few privately owned GA aircraft. I barely ever see military activity there as well. Worst part is having to drive by Midcoast which, is five minutes up the road, on my way to flight lessons an hour away.

I'll see if any of my buddies are still at Ft. Stewart to possibly give you a point of contact to start.

Back