Another GA crash in Abilene- USAF IP killed with brother

How many would be only slightly too many? AFAICT from looking at the NTSB web page, there are a lot fewer accidents happening today than, say, 30 years ago.

How many would be only slightly too many? AFAICT from looking at the NTSB web page, there are a lot fewer accidents happening today than, say, 30 years ago.

More like the news media has been on a small airplane crash binge lately?

And if you keep looking at the NTSB monthly list database, on any given day of any given month, GA accidents/incidents are happening all the time, everywhere. Not all of them fatal, of course, but they're still occurring often daily. News media just seems to be covering them more. Multiple GA crashes a day, often 10 or more, isn't unheard of at all.

And if you keep looking at the NTSB monthly list database, on any given day of any given month, GA accidents/incidents are happening all the time, everywhere. Not all of them fatal, of course, but they're still occurring often daily. News media just seems to be covering them more. Multiple GA crashes a day, often 10 or more, isn't unheard of at all.
True story.

True story.

Preach on Brotha Doug....

Not even 5 minutes in the NTSB DB and this is what I got:

Year - # Airplane Accidents with fatalities

2004 - 361
2005 - 299
2006 - 289
2007 - 266
2008 - 247
2009 - 242
2010 - 226
2011 - 249
2012 - 232
2013 - 186
2014 - 132 to date.

Preach on Brotha Doug....

Not even 5 minutes in the NTSB DB and this is what I got:

Year - # Airplane Accidents with fatalities

2004 - 361
2005 - 299
2006 - 289
2007 - 266
2008 - 247
2009 - 242
2010 - 226
2011 - 249
2012 - 232
2013 - 186
2014 - 132 to date.

Go to individual years, pick one; pick a month, and just scroll through that and look at how many occurrances daily. There are anywhere from a few, to sometimes 10-15 or so.

Go to individual years, pick one; pick a month, and just scroll through that and look at how many occurrances daily. There are anywhere from a few, to sometimes 10-15 or so.

Indeed there is. I always read them (maybe a bit morbid) but it awlays amazes me that we are not creating new ways of killings ourselves. It's the same mistakes over, and over, and over for the most part.

Indeed there is. I always read them (maybe a bit morbid) but it awlays amazes me that we are not creating new ways of killings ourselves. It's the same mistakes over, and over, and over for the most part.

We certainly don't find many new ways to crash planes, you're absolutely right.

More like the news media has been on a small airplane crash binge lately?

And in our society everyone reposts these stories on social media. It's not just the news, it's regular people that like to post those things on Twitter, Facebook or here. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Look at how many of those occurrences happen at VGT. ;)

That'd be uplifting.

Investigation or "I Learned About Flying From That" — absolutely.
I just thought it could be one area/place to post all the crashes/accidents in, seeing as how there's now six of them on the first page. I don't think it's any less uplifting than having them littered all over the main forum. It was just a suggestion.

Last edited:
I just thought it could be one area/place to post all the crashes/accidents in. I don't think it's any less uplifting than having them littered all over the main forum. It was just a suggestion.

Truth. Let me digest the idea for a bit.

Back