Funny Conference calls

jynxyjoe

Queso King
Good times for this company I'm working for. We're having a pow-wow with management.

You can guess the questions from pilots, here are the abbreviated answers.

"There is no pilot shortage, GoJet's and Compass can fill their classes so will we."

"There won't be a flow or anything close to it. You should be happy with the SSP"

"You won't get pay or benefits better than what you are seeing now."

"We won't make a profit until 2014 or 2015. Once those profit sharing checks start coming in you'll see where the payoff is for all this work your doing."

"If you wanted more money you should go somewhere else. ... Don't get me wrong we want as many pilots to stay here as possible."

"We expect to have a lot more than the 81 airplanes, we can't tell you how, we just want to keep saying that."

"We are fixing up the airline, it's a garbage operation, we're trying to fix the place up so you can enjoy the benefits of a well run company. We expect a lot of these changes to take effect by mid 2014, stop laughing. Stop laughing! Stop it!"

"We had to overhaul the entire MX department because we are such a joke. By the way, we accidentally flushed most of the training records down the toilet. (We haven't found a way to blame this on the pilots yet)"

"Wear your name tags and hats, we understand we never bought you a hat, or an overcoat, but we'll buy you the wings and coat."

Bwahahahahaha.... its so funny... its too easy to hear right through the vague answers and uncertainty... Like one pilot asked "Whats to keep us from getting Comair'd?" No real response to that one.

Bwahahahahaha.... its so funny... its too easy to hear right through the vague answers and uncertainty... Like one pilot asked "Whats to keep us from getting Comair'd?" No real response to that one.
My favorite was the pitch from Gumm telling guys to goto Compass if they want to upgrade in the next 2-3 years.

I cut out early but I was surprised at the "Pilots at other airlines would kill for the SSP you have." So apparently pilots will leave from other airlines to come to this one because our SSP is so good. Too bad they didn't tell that to the first third (1000 pilots) that left or we wouldn't have to hire. Of course Gummy and Barry think it's a spectacular thing that they are hiring and not furloughing. They are patting each other on the back for 1/3 of the list leaving, so they should be able to pat themselves on the back for a long long time to come. Good news, Ryan can fly the airplanes for us.

They really told people to go to Compass? Wow! Way to give people currently at 9E hope...
Hope is for closers
515670-ggr_always_be_closing.jpg

So...

What you're saying is Pinnacle sucks? (Sans the awesome flight crew and occasional inflight members?) Right?

Oh right...the company Formally known as...
Eh I think Endeavor could be a good company someday if we survive but yes right now it sucks. Bankruptcy suck.

What is a little tough right now to reconcile is the union predicted to management pretty well what was going to happen. It is happening, but no one in management is being proactive with compensation. In fairness all I care about is the paycheck, right now all tjey care about is fixing the operation. This place has in the last month finally started looking like a wholly owned airline again, by next summer those 81 900s and 70 (dropping to 50) 200s will not be such an embarrassment. I think the ops side will get better, we still have way too far to go with dispatch.

If we can't get pilots we will get a raise it is hat simple.

"We won't make a profit until 2014 or 2015. Once those profit sharing checks start coming in you'll see where the payoff is for all this work your doing."

Is it just me or should the business model of a regional ALWAYS make money? If I was an investor I'd be screaming bloody murder as to how they could be doing anything other than turning a good profit.

Anyone catch Gumm use "comair'd"? Quickly followed by "I shouldn't use that term."

Haha it was definitely one of the more entertaining conference calls.

I'm the one who asked the bottom 5% of the list question and I don't feel he directly said anyone should go to Compass. He did however, STRONGLY imply it.

Back