4 Star or better Chicago Hotel Crew Rate

You can probably find a better deal on Groupon or Hotels.com, they always have deals for Chicago. I've never been able to find a good crew rate deal downtown, meaning under $100/night.

Last time fiance and I went to Chicago we stayed at the Aloft by the Airport for 2 nights at $47/night (Crew rate and also one of our overnight hotels) and they gave us a ride to the blue line.

If you have a UA logo on your badge, you can get in free at the Field Museum and Aquarium and get discounts on other museums.

You can probably find a better deal on Groupon or Hotels.com, they always have deals for Chicago. I've never been able to find a good crew rate deal downtown, meaning under $100/night.

Last time fiance and I went to Chicago we stayed at the Aloft by the Airport for 2 nights at $47/night (Crew rate and also one of our overnight hotels) and they gave us a ride to the blue line.

If you have a UA logo on your badge, you can get in free at the Field Museum and Aquarium and get discounts on other museums.

Seconded for staying at the aloft (even though it's not in downtown proper). CRJDriver is right on the money about getting a ride to the blue line. It is a much cheaper and less troublesome way to get around Chicago.

Did you just include "4 star hotel" and "crew" in the same question? Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. A.

Oh the good old days.

In between airlines wanting to save $0.50 on not having newspapers delivered to crew hotel rooms and pilots with the "Oh hell man, it's a 30 minute drive to a downtown location I'm ok with the airport for a 13 hour layover" and FA's with the "It's got to be near a MAAAAAAAWL", hotels suck.

Oh the good old days.

In between airlines wanting to save $0.50 on not having newspapers delivered to crew hotel rooms and pilots with the "Oh hell man, it's a 30 minute drive to a downtown location I'm ok with the airport for a 13 hour layover" and FA's with the "It's got to be near a MAAAAAAAWL", hotels suck.

I wish we had those problems:
"We need to change this hotel."
"Why"
"There's nothing anywhere near it for food or drink for miles, not even a gas station. The van won't take us anywhere, and half the time the room is kinda dirty."
"But they give us cookies when we check sometimes in and there's a free breakfast."
<Bangs head on wall>

I'll gladly take the MAAAWL...

"Why"
"There's nothing anywhere near it for food or drink for miles, not even a gas station. The van won't take us anywhere, and half the time the room is kinda dirty."
"But they give us cookies when we check sometimes in and there's a free breakfast."
<Bangs head on wall>

Aww bro-bro, did you #mainlineproblems me? :)

Oh the good old days.

My favorite at an unnamed airline (okay, it rhymes with "Romney") was when they tried to renegotiate the $45/night airline rate at the hotel in JFK. The rate included free breakfast, but the company tried to negotiate it down to $40/night and make us pay up the extra $5 if we wanted to eat.

The hotel said that they had no way to collect the cash and/or enforce the crews paying for the "free" breakfast, but decided to give the company the $40/night rate anyway.

Thankfully, the hotel management took pity on us and gave us the free breakfast anyway...

Some industry, eh? :)

My favorite at an unnamed airline (okay, it rhymes with "Romney") was when they tried to renegotiate the $45/night airline rate at the hotel in JFK. The rate included free breakfast, but the company tried to negotiate it down to $40/night and make us pay up the extra $5 if we wanted to eat.

The hotel said that they had no way to collect the cash and/or enforce the crews paying for the "free" breakfast, but decided to give the company the $40/night rate anyway.

Thankfully, the hotel management took pity on us and gave us the free breakfast anyway...

RVCI or Five Towns? Neither?

Back to the OP question....I'd probably agree with everyone about staying at the Aloft out by the airport. They just built a brand new entertainment complex behind the Aloft....so in addition to the Blue Line being a short shuttle ride away you now have access to a bunch of bars/restaurants that you can stumble back to your room from. German, Irish, Mexican, Greek.....bowling alley, movie theater, comedy club.....

Back to the OP question....I'd probably agree with everyone about staying at the Aloft out by the airport. They just built a brand new entertainment complex behind the Aloft....so in addition to the Blue Line being a short shuttle ride away you now have access to a bunch of bars/restaurants that you can stumble back to your room from. German, Irish, Mexican, Greek.....bowling alley, movie theater, comedy club.....

He's back from the dead! WooO! How are ya, bro?

My company switched us to save $1.12 per night per room.

"Why"
<Bangs head on wall>

You just reminded me that I'm at a DoubleTree and didn't get my cookie yet

Gents,
$1x 16(3 crews) x6 night x52= $4992/ year. That's just 1 hotel.

Secondly, you will never satisfy a whole crew.

My favorite complaint from the peanut gallery was,"The bed was too hard!"
"You know it was a sleep number bed..."

He's back from the dead! WooO! How are ya, bro?

Doing good....I think you've written me off as dead about 4 or 5 times now. :)

I'm always around...just lurking in the shadows of JC. Congrats on the shiny new aeroplane you'll be flying!

Back