"Commuter Aircraft" down in Creve Coeur lake?

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
Just got off the phone with the hospital we work for and one of the paramedics said they're hearing over the radio that a "commuter aircraft" went down in the lake. For those not familiar, this is maybe ~6 miles wsw of Lambert, about 1/3rd of the way to Spirit. Two victims enroute to hospital and a dive team on the way. "Commuter aircraft" could of course mean anything from a 152 to an RJ. Anyone know more?

Glad the occupants are still kicking.... here's to hoping for a full recovery.

But does anyone honestly commute in a Cherokee? Come on, people...

As soon as I heard this and saw the word 'commuter,' I thought of jrh. That doesn't seem to be the case, here. Owner is from Pennsylvania.

I fly several folks out of your hometown that commute for the ferry (one of them is related to you) and to the various mines. So yup! You're absolutely right.
Yep. There are a lot of ferry workers in Haines. You might have flown my dad before he retired.

But does anyone honestly commute in a Cherokee? Come on, people...

Actually we should all been commuting like the Jetsons by now but the oil industry mafia still has us addicted to internal combustion engines :(.

Hoping for a full recovery for the individuals involved in this accident.

Actually we should all been commuting like the Jetsons by now but the oil industry mafia still has us addicted to internal combustion engines :(.

Hoping for a full recovery for the individuals involved in this accident.
Yeah! :fury: Good thing our airplanes are powered by... uh... er.... *cough* um... right...

My best friend lives a few blocks away and snapped a few photos of the plane still sitting there this morning.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Plane-crashes-into-Creve-Coeur-Lake-175710071.html

Officials believe the pilot, Russell Hazelton, 78, was attempting to land the plane around 8:40 p.m. when he overshot the runway and lost control and crashed. The wreck happened about a half-mile from Creve Coeur Airport
According to FAA records, Russell owned the airplane. He died in the hospital this morning, and his wife is currently on life support.

Sad all the way around, whatever happened.

Officials believe the pilot, Russell Hazelton, 78, was attempting to land the plane around 8:40 p.m. when he overshot the runway and lost control and crashed. The wreck happened about a half-mile from Creve Coeur Airport

I know it's news and speculation, but how do you overshoot and hit the lake? It's not even close.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=creve coeur, mo&hl=en&ll=38.717461,-90.493784&spn=0.035627,0.066347&sll=47.67284,-117.41215&sspn=0.245977,0.530777&t=h&hnear=Creve Coeur, St Louis, Missouri&z=14

You're asking a reporter to give an accurate account of an aviation related incident !? :confused:

Back