San Diego or LA 172 Rental

sdfcvoh

This is my Custom Title
I may need to have access to rent a 172 in the SAN or LAX area for night flights during nov/dec. As usual - who to avoid lol but any recommendations appreciated. CSEL/CFI rated customer.

IMG_1759.JPGIMG_1761.JPG IMG_1756.JPG
My old stomping grounds... Santa Monica Aviation out of SMO & rent the 'Kermit' - it flies like a dream and is very, very well maintained. (Three.One.Zero) Three.Nine.Eight - Nine.Three.Nine.Two

Not exactly sure what the current rate is...

The owner (Ali) and I don't officially get along anymore - but he takes stellar care of his planes, they all fly great, and the place is nice and informal.

I'm not the only one who names the airplanes he flies :)

It's called 'Kermit' because it used to be the Traffic Watch plane for the radio station K-FROG. But, yes... all the planes there have names. The other 172 is called Sweet pea.

Good thing he wants to do night flights because that green and yellow Cessna 172 is as ugly as it gets.

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.

IMG_1961.JPG
It looks better here with the gal from Whitney standing in front of it... and the cargo door speed taped shut. :)

It's called 'Kermit' because it used to be the Traffic Watch plane for the radio station K-FROG. But, yes... all the planes there have names. The other 172 is called Sweet pea.

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.

View attachment 21864
It looks better here with the gal from Whitney standing in front of it... and the cargo door speed taped shut. :)

Snakes on a plane, huh?

Universal Air at EMT has 172's for like 110 I believe..
OR...
If you go down the field at Socal Flight Club, they have a steam DA40 with a GNS530/430 stack for 115/110 block or a G1000 DA40 for 139/135 block...

all rates are wet..

Universal Air at EMT has 172's for like 110 I believe..
OR...
If you go down the field at Socal Flight Club, they have a steam DA40 with a GNS530/430 stack for 115/110 block or a G1000 DA40 for 139/135 block...

all rates are wet..

Wow. Those are excellent rates. Like, 40% cheaper than out here.

Back