Seaplane

jskibo

Done
So I just finished two hours of seaplane flying up here in traverse city, definitely a different world! King of gusty and rainy today and that piper is twitchy on the rudder. Really a blast to fly though and the colors are great.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow when the weather is better. The colors are awesome up here right now!

got my SES Comm in a 1946 Aeronica SuperChief and loved every minute. Most fun you can have in an airplane. Did it in Jacksboro Texas. We would fly over to Possum Kingdom Lake, land and wait for the boats to surround us wanting to know if we crashed? Go figure.

I'm guessing you flew with Tom Brady? I did my multi-engine rating with him back in 2007 and have been hoping to some day go back for a ASES rating. What a great guy.

Yes with Tom. Weather is awful though. Rainy and very gusty. Hope it dies down before my check ride!

Took some pics ill post in the picture threads.

I really want to get my Comm SES and MES. I don't think I would ever really use them but they sure would be fun to get.

So I just finished two hours of seaplane flying up here in traverse city, definitely a different world! King of gusty and rainy today and that piper is twitchy on the rudder. Really a blast to fly though and the colors are great.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow when the weather is better. The colors are awesome up here right now!

Damn dude you're really knocking those ratings out! So are you getting your ATP/787 type tomorrow or next week? :)

Seriously though once I start flying again in January I really hope I have the drive/passion you have! Oh and if you make it to NJC 2013 the first beer is on me. :D

Damn dude you're really knocking those ratings out! So are you getting your ATP/787 type tomorrow or next week? :)

Seriously though once I start flying again in January I really hope I have the drive/passion you have! Oh and if you make it to NJC 2013 the first beer is on me. :D
Thanks. I'm trying to make up for the 17 years between Private and Instrument ;)

Won't be at NJC this year as my wife has her first drill as a new JAG 1st LT in the guard that weekend and I have to be in Clearwater the week of the 15th for business. Next year year though......

Back up here at the end of the month for Multi, hope it isn't snowing!

Better day today. We did two flights then the checkride.

Passed, so I'm ASES now!

Just multi to go and then knocking out the hours for commercial. Having a blast!

Note to others going up to get your seaplane with Tom.

Tom doesn't like it when you say "oh CRAP" when a boat pulls in front of you when your in the step and accelerating. He prefers you say "Boat" and pull power ;)

Im not impressed until you fly one of these: ;)

014593.jpg

Back