United's first 787 landing KIAH - First Raw video

Awesome! I Actually caught the A-380 landing there for the first time last month as well.

Still strikes me as a bit too...I dunno...clinical. It's too neat and sterile. While I'm sure it's lightyears better in many ways than the 767, I like my non-FBW jet with the hybrid steam/glass mix and 486 processors for the FMCs. It has character!

Anyone know why DAL has not placed any orders for this aircraft? Or have they? haven't read anything about it. Even though its less new aircraft total seem like they would change that order of 100 73ER to 50 ERs and 25 78s while also keeping more of the 757s on domestic routes than planned. But what do I know.

Such graceful lines.

There is a neat video at the Smithsonian you can watch in IMAX 3D where some Boeing engineers talk about how they modeled part of the airplane on the way an albatross flies.

Such graceful lines.

There is a neat video at the Smithsonian you can watch in IMAX 3D where some Boeing engineers talk about how they modeled part of the airplane on the way an albatross flies.

Also on Netflix.

Anyone know why DAL has not placed any orders for this aircraft? Or have they? haven't read anything about it. Even though its less new aircraft total seem like they would change that order of 100 73ER to 50 ERs and 25 78s while also keeping more of the 757s on domestic routes than planned. But what do I know.

In addition I think that DL is waiting for the longer range 787-9 to be announced to place/switch orders.

Cool video of a 787 cockpit tour. This thing sure is purrdy. Ill take this over the steam gauges. ;)

Back