United (L-CAL) Begins Hiring

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Stolen from the pipe.

Rumor has it that it's for 451 vacancies, resulting in 12 new hires per week indefinitely.

Aug. 28, 2012 | Issue 26
Update on class offerings

No L-UAL classes start this year, L-CAL classes added in November and December

We have two updates to share related to L-UAL recall and L-CAL new hire pilot classes.

Our Crew Resources group recently confirmed that there will be no L-UAL recall classes scheduled to beginduring the remainder of 2012. Estimates for 2013 fleet and block hour plans continue to change on a weekly basis, so the timing and number of pilots potentially recalled remains uncertain. We will provide updates as we receive more information.

We add L-CAL new hire classes in November and December
L-CAL plans to continue hiring with training class dates in November and December 2012. Class start dates are November 6, 13, and 27, and December 4, 11 and 18. Assignments primarily will be 737 with some 757 First Officer positions. EWR and IAH domiciles will be available.

Currently, 382 furloughed L-UAL pilots have accepted positions at L-CAL, 241 have deferred due to military commitments, and 812 are on bypass status.

Is there going to be hiring from this?

Has any progress been made towards a joint contract?

Got my junk in at CAL, er, UAL. Something tells me it'll be UAL furloughed guys for a while, but hey, never hurts to try.

With both pilot groups being under a gag order, I would not expect any details for a little while until the language is written.

Sources do say it would be two to three weeks before the full language is complete and public references are made to the actual TA.

I don't see this as 'good' news. Seems bad form to hire before the JCBA is done and UAL guys are still on the street.

Personally I'll wait until they have a contract. YMMV.

I don't see this as 'good' news. Seems bad form to hire before the JCBA is done and UAL guys are still on the street.

Personally I'll wait until they have a contract. YMMV.

To be fair, this was the automated response I got from L-CAL on 8/30:

"Thank you for your interest in a Flight Officer position with Continental Airlines.

Although we are currently hiring, the hiring is limited to United Airlines furloughed pilots according to the terms of our transition agreement.

You are welcome to complete your application and maintain your current status. Should we open hiring your application will be considered for review.

Sincerely,
Captain XXXXXXXXXXXX
Acting Manager, Pilot Development
United Airlines"

Stolen from the pipe.

Rumor has it that it's for 451 vacancies, resulting in 12 new hires per week indefinitely.

Aug. 28, 2012 | Issue 26
Update on class offerings

No L-UAL classes start this year, L-CAL classes added in November and December

We have two updates to share related to L-UAL recall and L-CAL new hire pilot classes.

Our Crew Resources group recently confirmed that there will be no L-UAL recall classes scheduled to beginduring the remainder of 2012. Estimates for 2013 fleet and block hour plans continue to change on a weekly basis, so the timing and number of pilots potentially recalled remains uncertain. We will provide updates as we receive more information.

We add L-CAL new hire classes in November and December
L-CAL plans to continue hiring with training class dates in November and December 2012. Class start dates are November 6, 13, and 27, and December 4, 11 and 18. Assignments primarily will be 737 with some 757 First Officer positions. EWR and IAH domiciles will be available.

Currently, 382 furloughed L-UAL pilots have accepted positions at L-CAL, 241 have deferred due to military commitments, and 812 are on bypass status.
Oh you guys that didn't believe me when I was spewing this months ago... I was off by two months but still...

Over on APC someone had posted that there are over 400 vacancies in the last bid and that they have been through all the L-UAL guys with only a handful coming in as new hires on the L-CAL side. Take it for what its worth but if this person is in the know hiring off the street will begin by Christmas.

Ok ok, but with a vacancy bid of 451 there will be around 400 hired off the street if TA creating one list isn't finished voted in soon. And look, if the hiring had started in late August, when I heard it would, the numbers would be closer to 250 or 300 before years end. Just saying.

:) How have you been buddy!

I've heard a lot of rumors coming from a 787 pilot, and the head of training at UAL whose son is one of my students. But, their rumors so i'll keep them to myself... Just know that internal word has it that starting in Dec. 2012 one pilot will retire every 18 MINUTES until indefinite date..... that is all...

I've heard a lot of rumors coming from a 787 pilot, and the head of training at UAL whose son is one of my students. But, their rumors so i'll keep them to myself... Just know that internal word has it that starting in Dec. 2012 one pilot will retire every 18 MINUTES until indefinite date..... that is all...

Actually it's one every 18 hours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Back