question regarding liquids

determined2fly

I am planning to travel non-rev next week and was wondering about the liquids in my carry on. I sometimes jump seat and I am in CASS and when I travel liquids are not a concern since I am in uniform and have my crew ID to present to TSA. This time around I am traveling on a carrier that we do not have a recip agreement with but I do have travel benefits with them because my wife works for them. Does anyone know if going through TSA will be a problem because I am not deadheading to work but have liquids over the prescribed amount in my carry on?

As long as you are in uniform (what the TSA considers a uniform anyway) and have an airline ID you can use to get through security, you are fine with whatever liquids you have. If you a) aren't in uniform or b) have an ID that the TSA will probably not recognize as being an "airline" ID you'd better be prepared for the 3-1-1 crap.

Yep.

No uniform, No liquids.

Plain and simple.

World's quickest fix for your situation. Go in uniform! Done and done!!
Do a little striptease once you pass through security so you don't spend the entire flight having grandma asks you about how fast your going and does the airplane really fly itself.

Thanks for the info and suggestions guys. I guess I have no choice but to wear the uniform, check in bags or just leave liquids at home. X-Forces I was miserable on a flight once..this guy beakoned me over to sit with him so he can talk my ear off for 3 hours about his 20 years working at McDonnel Douglas...nice guy but I coulnd't get a word in the whole time.

I have a few questions to add here so I don't have to start another thread.

When I go through in uniform do I have to take the laptop out of the bag?

Is there anything written anywhere that says what we can do differently then the rest of the people?

Laptop still has to come out or be in a TSA friendly bag.

And be careful about changing into normal clothes after going through. We've had two guys cited and finedby the TSA for doing that and still having big liquids.

Laptop still has to come out or be in a TSA friendly bag.

And be careful about changing into normal clothes after going through. We've had two guys cited and finedby the TSA for doing that and still having big liquids.

I didn't realize that the TSA could fine someone for this, but in fact it is true. Up to $25,000 for being uncooperative.

Easy uniform solutions.

1. Pull off the identifying Bling. (Wings, Letts, Tie, and take the stupid pen out of your pocket).
This is what I do when I commute. I still need to be in uniform, because I am usually going right to a flight. No time for the quick change, so I just take off the airline crap and I am just another guy with a white shirt and blue pants on.

2. The mighty sweater. An even simpler solution is to throw something over your shirt. A sweater or another shirt will do the job nicely. If anyone gives you crap just take it off and your good to go.

Anyone fined by TSA for changing clothes after security probably went all out and whipped out the Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and flip flops.

I have used the above two methods....and so has a certain internet forum creator who has been known to frequent the Delta terminal in JFK from time to time and sometimes needs his friends to smooth talk the gate agent into not leaving his LATE, NOT SHOWING UP TO THE AIRCRAFT UNTIL PUSHBACK, ASS!! :D. However person shall remain nameless.

b) have an ID that the TSA will probably not recognize as being an "airline" ID you'd better be prepared for the 3-1-1 crap.

I have this happen all the time, even at airports we fly to (which could be any of them, really). Most of the time I just get a simple comment about it, but once in a while I get stopped at the metal detector over it for being an "off brand." Once in PHL, I showed my ID (I was jumpseating, so no boarding pass), and the girl simply asked "What is that?" I had to resist the urge to say "A crew badge." :)

I have this happen all the time, even at airports we fly to (which could be any of them, really). Most of the time I just get a simple comment about it, but once in a while I get stopped at the metal detector over it for being an "off brand." Once in PHL, I showed my ID (I was jumpseating, so no boarding pass), and the girl simply asked "What is that?" I had to resist the urge to say "A crew badge." :)
I usually get, "That must be nice living in Hawaii."

Back