UND question

r_heim21

Ive heard so many great things but the one negative thing i keep hearing about is the weather. Since weather is such a big factor in flying is it worth going through that weather to go to the school?

We have procedures dealing with weather. Wind is probably the biggest issue, especially during 102 (private pilot course). And sure it gets cold here but people learn to deal with it. It's great seeing performance difference from flying in the summer to the winter. Biggest issue come winter is icing which would be a no go. For the most part airport is gonna try and stay open though..

We have procedures dealing with weather. Wind is probably the biggest issue, especially during 102 (private pilot course). And sure it gets cold here but people learn to deal with it. It's great seeing performance difference from flying in the summer to the winter. Biggest issue come winter is icing which would be a no go. For the most part airport is gonna try and stay open though..

Hey, since I'll be doing 102 in January... how many flights do you recommend I schedule per week? I want to do what I can to prevent weather from causing me to fall behind schedule.

Hey, since I'll be doing 102 in January... how many flights do you recommend I schedule per week? I want to do what I can to prevent weather from causing me to fall behind schedule.

Schedule as much as your instructor can fly. The key to 102 is to get ahead early. Weather should get better as the semester rolls along, but if you did 4ish activities a week, it would set you up for success!

I'd agree with middies10, as much as possible. You'll have 3 permanent launches for designated times but you can always schedule lessons at other times. I'd say to only move along at an aggressive pace as long as you're learning and comfortable though. No sense in doing 5 lessons a week if you're not understanding what you're doing. Are you planning on being here this summer too?

I'd agree with middies10, as much as possible. You'll have 3 permanent launches for designated times but you can always schedule lessons at other times. I'd say to only move along at an aggressive pace as long as you're learning and comfortable though. No sense in doing 5 lessons a week if you're not understanding what you're doing. Are you planning on being here this summer too?

Yes, I'll be taking classes in the summers too. Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2013, 2014, and 2015 for me. I even made a spreadsheet and planned all my classes out, lol. I plan on doing Commercial Aviation with a double major in Flight Education and a minor in Atmospheric Science.

Busy guy! I'm not sure if I'll be here this summer of 2013, hoping to do some flight operations internships, but if that doens't happen hopefully I'll do CFII and MEI in a summer to start instructing!

The weather wasn't that bad last winter. I had to cancel lessons here and there, but the only time it actually slowed me down was trying to do a solo cross country for 3 weeks.

Back