Business Cards

GX

I've been thinking about doing some aviation specific/networking/contacting business cards. Anybody have any examples of these types of business cards, or what is on these cards?

I'm a little hesitant to hand out my industry business cards because of the questions they will generate.

Thoughts on this? Anyone have examples of what is on an industry specific card? Times? Ratings?

professional_dancer_stripper_business_card-p240814288611366659en3d3_400.jpg

I honestly don't see any problems with your current industry business cards...

I have the perfect business cards:

Name
Phone
Email

That's it. No fancy acronyms. No cryptic messages.

I have the perfect business cards:

Name
Phone
Email

That's it. No fancy acronyms. No cryptic messages.

Can you post an example? No ratings? Why did you decide against including ratings?

Never give a girl your number, always take hers. It keeps you in control.

Never give a girl your number, always take hers. It keeps you in control.

Treat yourself to a barber shop shave once a month. Or twice. Worth every penny.

I see a business card transaction as an exchange, but if I REALLY need to keep a contact and they don't have cards, I'll put it in my phone. Stand there button mashing until it's done. Am I sensing that this is gimmicky, and if someone asks for my card, I hand them one of my horse industry cards?

I appreciate when people have Bump installed on their iPhone. Makes transferring contact information a breeze.

I completely agree on the barber shop thing. There is one I go to in South St. Louis at least once a month. It's completely old school. Old school chairs, old school conversation, and old school straight razor shaves. It just feels good to go there.

Reactions: GX
I appreciate when people have Bump installed on their iPhone. Makes transferring contact information a breeze.

I completely agree on the barber shop thing. There is one I go to in South St. Louis at least once a month. It's completely old school. Old school chairs, old school conversation, and old school straight razor shaves. It just feels good to go there.

Yep. One in Phoenix I go to. Same vibe. I go out of my way twice a month to go.

Before I found this place, which is a nice bike ride from my house, I tried one in an area called Clayton... upscale area of St. Louis, just outside the city limits. Boy howdy, was that an experience. It was in the basement of an older building used for a law office or something. Old, OLD OLD dude. I mean... old. The place was a pig sty of magazines and such. The cutting area wasn't too bad. The guy had one chair. Typical equipment, including the strop hanging from a nail on his station.

I was there for TWO hours. Two hours. For a shave and a haircut. ( ♪ ♪ Shave and a haircut... two hours! ♪ ♪ ) Never went back. New place is great. One older guy (in his 50's or so) owns the joint, bunch of 20-somethings, mostly Bosnian, also cutting hair. It's a great place.

From the archives of random and only slightly related: When I was assigned in Alaska I put a sectional shot as the background on my business cards. After departing Galena for a return flight I realized that I left my sectional in the dining facility. I used one of the cards to navigate back home

Brett

Back