Rockwell Sabreliner blocked from leaving airport until fees paid

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Hazleton officials will not allow a luxury jet formerly owned by Drums attorney Robert J. Powell to leave the city airport until $625 in aircraft parking fees are paid.

Stephen Simchak, Hazleton Municipal Airport manager, said Friday that he ordered airport workers to park fuel trucks so as to block the twin-engine Rockwell Sabreliner jet from moving. They'll stay there until the jet's owner pays five months of unpaid parking fees, Simchak said.

image.jpg

More Here: http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2012/08/jet-blocked-from-leaving-airport-until.html

Interesting fact: The previous owner of that plane, Robert Powell, is probably one of the most evil people I've heard tale of that isn't responsible for murdering people. He partially owned a juvenile detention center and would bribe judges to give excessively harsh sentences to children in order to increase the profits of the aforementioned kiddie jail. He only got like a year in prison when in any kind of just world he would have been shot.

Interesting fact: The previous owner of that plane, Robert Powell, is probably one of the most evil people I've heard tale of that isn't responsible for murdering people. He partially owned a juvenile detention center and would bribe judges to give excessively harsh sentences to children in order to increase the profits of the aforementioned kiddie jail. He only got like a year in prison when in any kind of just world he would have been shot.

For-Profit prison industry. That story was chilling, and should have been a wake-up call to permitting our justice and prison systems to be taken over by corporate, profit motivated interests. VP Dick Cheney and AG Alberto Gonzales were also indicted on charges related to for-profit prisons. Very little media coverage of that story.

Stephen Simchak, Hazleton Municipal Airport manager, said Friday that he ordered airport workers to park fuel trucks so as to block the twin-engine Rockwell Sabreliner jet from moving. They'll stay there until the jet's owner pays five months of unpaid parking fees, Simchak said.

What if someone elsewhere on the field wants fuel then?

I had the airport police at O'hare try to block my instructor and I from taking off when we went there to do touch and go's. They wanted landing fees. We put on our cool faces and took off over them. They didn't even call the tower, they just pulled out half way down 14R(if you're familiar this is like 7000 feet down) while we were rolling. Uh, cherokee 140s with two skinny dudes can rotate in like 2 feet there guys! :D

"Hey, see that Sabreliner over there? Pull up next to the fuel truck over there. We can't move the truck cause the dude owes us money."

That's funny. A Sabreliner is a "luxury" jet? Maybe 30 years ago it was. :D

Err, I've seen some refurbished interiors and I'd rank them up against anything being made today. The cockpits are usually still old though. Only men can fly them. :p

IIRC, Warren Buffet owes Banyan at the Fort Lauderdale executive airport a crap ton of money. I heard a story that he arrived, they told him the fees he owed and they shut the door and left.

Err, I've seen some refurbished interiors and I'd rank them up against anything being made today. The cockpits are usually still old though. Only men can fly them. :p

Heh heh, in all seriousness, I love the Sabreliner and the JetStar as well. The most recent time I've seen a Sabreliner in person was back in June at Hartford-Brainard airport. I had just shut down after being locked on the mast, and he rotated at what couldn't have been more than 300 feet from the departure end of the runway. It was prettty interesting (and loud, and awesome).

I like anything that's really loud for no good reason. Lear 24s and metros take the cake so far. Little plane, EEWWWHHHHUUUUUUGGGEEE noise! :D

Saberliners are notorious for corrosion. I've seen repairs on them that make you think twice about getting in one.

You have to wonder at the cost effectiveness of losing the service of a fuel truck in order to collect $625.

Back