Kid wrecks dad’s plane by making it belly flop on runway

Sure, forget the gear and blame your kid. Nice.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the kid could hardly reach the gear lever, much less be super sneaky and pull it just as the guy is in the flare.

This dad needs to be nominated as tool of the day on the other site

The only "Cochise" that I can find is a military variant of the Baron, which does have the gear lever on the wrong side. Hard to believe a 6 year old could reach it, though.

And why would a gear up total the airplane?

The only "Cochise" that I can find is a military variant of the Baron, which does have the gear lever on the wrong side. Hard to believe a 6 year old could reach it, though.

And why would a gear up total the airplane?

Engine overhaul from two prop strikes worth more than the airplane is worth? Note to self: If flying retractable with small children, once the gear is down, pull the CB.

The only "Cochise" that I can find is a military variant of the Baron, which does have the gear lever on the wrong side.

Yeah, the flap and gear handle being flopped has caused many accidental gear retractions in that airplane.
The Cochise I flew for half my twin training was shortly geared up after I was done with it.
-----
On a side note, It is a beauty for real twin training.
When coming out of training in a dog like the Arrow it:
-it's speed
-low gear speed
-climb rate
really makes a student move to the "next" level.

and the accumulators make single-engine training nice.

Enjoyed flying it.

Seems like most Gear handles I've used require you to pull out then down or up....

and aren't kids supposed to be in the back seat?

Fallbrook is a fun little airport! The short 2160x60 ft runway doesn't give you a lot of room - especially in a Baron!

Back