For Comair Pilots: PSA Pilot Positions

EDUC8-or

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Comair shutting down. If any Comair pilots are interested in a First Officer position at PSA Airlines I will walk your resume in, I'm somewhat involved in the hiring process. Please reply to this thread or send me a private message and we'll get the ball rolling. I believe I the people in HR are aware of your situation, if not I will make sure they are. Please feel free to pass this on to fellow Comair pilots.

http://www.psaairlines.com/employment/pilot.asp

Please get in touch with me before applying via this link: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/ca...f&id=8aa005063295e78d013296ceb1550f58&source=

Mods, I'm posting this in both of the Jobs Available sections.

Nice J. You beat me too it.

A bit of a note on this though...

The story goes that when Colgan/9E/Mesaba started hemorrhaging pilots, PSA made an effort (not through the Union, but rather at a management level) to scoop them up. Many were trained CRJ pilots or at least guys that had 121 and glass time. HOWEVER... after a large number or guys were hired but either turned down or no showed class dates, PSA HR was directed to no longer offer interviews to Pinnacle pilots. It sucks and isn't really fair for the guys who are trying to get a job somewhere else and would have actually showed up for class, but that's how it goes.

Obviously PSA may not be as desirable place to go as someplace that is growing (gojets) or has west coast bases (skywest) or flies big boy airplanes (Republic). But, just a suggestion for CMR pilots who do apply at PSA... if given a class date, you may want to actually take it so CMR doesn't get added to the blacklist.

Personally I think management is being stupid in doing things this way as they are going to have a hard time attracting talent at all in the near future, especially if they start knocking off entire pilot groups, but nobody ever asks me.

Nice J. You beat me too it.

A bit of a note on this though...

The story goes that when Colgan/9E/Mesaba started hemorrhaging pilots, PSA made an effort (not through the Union, but rather at a management level) to scoop them up. Many were trained CRJ pilots or at least guys that had 121 and glass time. HOWEVER... after a large number or guys were hired but either turned down or no showed class dates, PSA HR was directed to no longer offer interviews to Pinnacle pilots. It sucks and isn't really fair for the guys who are trying to get a job somewhere else and would have actually showed up for class, but that's how it goes.

Obviously PSA may not be as desirable place to go as someplace that is growing (gojets) or has west coast bases (skywest) or flies big boy airplanes (Republic). But, just a suggestion for CMR pilots who do apply at PSA... if given a class date, you may want to actually take it so CMR doesn't get added to the blacklist.

Personally I think management is being stupid in doing things this way as they are going to have a hard time attracting talent at all in the near future, especially if they start knocking off entire pilot groups, but nobody ever asks me.

I ran into a former Colgan and PCL guy in the sim earlier this month so they may no longer be blacklisted, I will look into this. We have no shows from all different backgrounds, personally I think it's a common courtesy to let someone know you're not going to show up, plus you never know who might run into down the road. Never ever burn any bridges.

Well done PSA.

I've sent out messages here at Compass for something similar. And the MEC should be sending something out hopefully soon.

We're supposedly hiring about 100 total between ongoing and maybe beginning of next year is what i'm being told

Just out of curiosity, what about guys from gen av? Maybe the hiring HR/Pilot can at least listen. There are pilots who are also interested in flying with the regionals, but don't have the RJ/glass cockpit time. There are a few of us that applied with PSA, Compass..... but never got the call. Can you also walk our resumes?

Just out of curiosity, what about guys from gen av? Maybe the hiring HR/Pilot can at least listen. There are pilots who are also interested in flying with the regionals, but don't have the RJ/glass cockpit time. There are a few of us that applied with PSA, Compass..... but never got the call. Can you also walk our resumes?
I have flown with a ton of guys with zero jet time. In fact I like flying with those guys the most. Lots of ex-CFI's, survey, freight, etc. guys recently hired.

http://airwis.com/car_pilots.htm

I received this message from the Chief Pilot at PSA. If you are a Comair Pilot looking for a job, PSA is ACTIVELY RECRUITING YOU.

"If you hear from any of the ComAir guys, please tell them to go to our website and fill out an application. Email: recruiter1@psaairlines.com when it's complete. Write: ComAir Pilot in the subject line. We'll take a hard look at all of them.
Thanks"

PSA has a Dayton base right? That might help some Comair pilots who would want to stay in the CVG area.

I have flown with a ton of guys with zero jet time. In fact I like flying with those guys the most. Lots of ex-CFI's, survey, freight, etc. guys recently hired.

http://airwis.com/car_pilots.htm

I dont understand this post? How would jet time in someones background determine how well you like to fly with someone. I have many reasons why I like or dislike to fly with certain people (attitude, personality, how they treat the entire crew and passengers, if they like to go out on overnights, etc) but jet time in their background i not one of them. Can you explain your reasoning on this, thanks.

For the GA guys I would just try to apply, I'm sorry I can't be more help at this time.

And yes we do have a Dayton bast.

I applied to PSA.

EDUC8-or, I'm new to this board and could not find a way to contact you prior to submitting the application. Thanks for keeping us in mind.

HOWEVER... after a large number or guys were hired but either turned down or no showed class dates, PSA HR was directed to no longer offer interviews to Pinnacle pilots.

When you say they were hired, but turned down the offer, did you mean to say that their interview was successful, and they opted not to join PSA? If so, what's wrong with that? How does that blacklist somebody?

I can see the company being upset if you commit to a class date and don't show up, but I don't see anything wrong with deciding not to go after the interview.

Back