Who is retiring soon?/ Age 60/65 rule...

I believe that any kind of government intervention at that level is a form of communism. Let's try and keep this non-political.

So long as you don't simply toss the word around we'll be just fine.

If you act stupid you'll be asked if you actually know wth you're talking about.

Do we have an emoticon for spitting milk out of your nose?

We both know that once politics get involved on any forum, the thread that once existed dies a quick and horrible death.

On another note, care to explain WHY you think pilots are retarded for working past age 60, and why you think it's good for planes with them for captains should crash? :pop:

We both know that once politics get involved on any forum, the thread that once existed dies a quick and horrible death.

On another note, care to explain WHY you think pilots are retarded for working past age 60, and why you think it's good for planes with them for captains should crash? :pop:

Like I said, my pop is hard-core. The only way to change something is if planes start crashing. I really hope that after this Colgan crash we can start requiring some higher hiring standards at the regionals. People dieing is the only way for things to change. History proves this.

Like I said, my pop is hard-core. The only way to change something is if planes start crashing. I really hope that after this Colgan crash we can start requiring some higher hiring standards at the regionals. People dieing is the only way for things to change. History proves this.

Yeah, we get it. You think your dad is hard core because he said he thinks people should die. Sounds more like pilot who retired because he went senile and starting thinking that old people need to crash planes. If planes started crashing, no one would fly anymore ruining it for everyone.

PS: I think you need to brush up on your history.

Is this guy just some flamebait??? I cant decide if he is actually being serious or not.

Little bit of both actually. If you are, infact, still in college then you have not yet experienced life so, you really are not qualified to carry on a conversation about the pro's and con's of age-65, airline flying or politics.

This thread has gone dead, unless anyone else wants to help me out here, im done with this one. I am not going to waste my time with someone who says that "old people need to die for better of the airlines".

Little bit of both actually. If you are, infact, still in college then you have not yet experienced life so, you really are not qualified to carry on a conversation about the pro's and con's of age-65, airline flying or politics.

Whoah there cowboy, I am pretty sure I can envision what its like be near retirement. Give me 5 GOOD reasons why its a bad idea to fly for an airline at age 60+, and why old people dying is such a great thing. I'm waiting, and I wont make any more replies unless you do so. This is a waste of time already.

Yeah, we get it. You think your dad is hard core because he said he thinks people should die. Sounds more like pilot who retired because he went senile and starting thinking that old people need to crash planes. If planes started crashing, no one would fly anymore ruining it for everyone.

Actually, my dad is a pretty smart guy. Once he retired he went on to get his Series 7 and all those other licenses and became a financial planner. He correctly predicted this recession/depression and now is making an ever-living buttload more money.

Every retired airline pilot that we know that is still living learned how to do other things with their lives than just flying. The ones that died soon after they retired only knew how to fly and could not handle life outside of the cockpit.

PS: I think you need to brush up on your history.

Seriously? Research "One Level of Safety". That will give you a good understanding of what I was talking about. Or, ask why a traffic light was put up at a particular intersection. Same thing.

You still haven't given any good reasons why flying at age 60+ makes you "mentally handicapped".

*Sigh...*

Whoah there cowboy, I am pretty sure I can envision what its like be near retirement. Give me 5 GOOD reasons why its a bad idea to fly for an airline at age 60+, and why old people dying is such a great thing. I'm waiting, and I wont make any more replies unless you do so. This is a waste of time already.

Dude, reading for comprehension. Go back and reread everything I wrote. A few times. What I said is that the only way rules change is when people die. So, logic dictates that the only way for the age-65 rule to be reversed is for planes to start falling out of the sky with over-60 captains.

You still haven't given us any good reasons to back your theory that pilots who fly at age 60+ are retarded.

P.S. People dying IS the most effective to promote change but its not the ONLY way.

Kestrel, I mean this is the ABSOLUTELY nicest way possible, but you don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about.

Trust me... I flew with a bunch of 58+ year old pilots when I was an FO. Some were fine. Some were scary as hell and operated a swept wing jet like it was Jetstream.

Also, there was a post a ways back about how many 55 year old pilots SAY they are going to retire but zero 60 year old pilots do. I beg to differ. We currently have 3 60+ guys on property and only one is planning on going past this year. Also, of the four guys on property hitting sixty this year I have heard one is retiring and one is planning on going only one more year.

Kestrel, I mean this is the ABSOLUTELY nicest way possible, but you don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about.

Trust me... I flew with a bunch of 58+ year old pilots when I was an FO. Some were fine. Some were scary as hell and operated a swept wing jet like it was Jetstream.

Also, there was a post a ways back about how many 55 year old pilots SAY they are going to retire but zero 60 year old pilots do. I beg to differ. We currently have 3 60+ guys on property and only one is planning on going past this year. Also, of the four guys on property hitting sixty this year I have heard one is retiring and one is planning on going only one more year.

Ok, lets get one thing straight. I never said that flying at the age 60+ was good for everyone. What I AM arguing against is the fact that this person is saying pilots who DO fly over that age are 'mentally handicapped' and that planes with 60 year old captains should crash.

BTW, I don't think it's fair for you to canvas the entire 60+ pilot population with such posts. What you said is true for some, but not for everyone.

Back