Nigeria

PA-44typed

Anyone fly or work in Nigeria, I’m unemployed and starting to get desperate. I have been contracted to fly for an oil guy there. Good $$ and paid to and from on a 2 month on 1 month off kind of deal. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Thanks

more info

I Would be living on a compound with security and guards to/from the airport. Flying in and out of Abuja, Flying the “big man” of one of the oil companies. Good $$ and business class to/from USA for the 2 on 1 off rotation. I am going to interview in the next week here in the US and see what they have to offer.

Anyone fly or work in Nigeria, Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

PA,

Can't speak for Nigeria but I know some guys flying in some even nastier parts of the planet and the reality doesn't seem to be as bad as the perception according to their reports...and they've been "there" a while.

The moral seems to be: do the interview...take the job...go take a look for yourself...you can always bug out if it looks too bad or scares you.

This expat game has to do with some amount of "..been there...done that...". Once you're in the club...more doors open up.

Unemployment: either the key to total flexibility...or a powerful motivator.

My 3 un-PC lessons from working with the U.N. in Africa:
1. Don't drink with the Russians.
2. Don't let a CHICOM drive.
3. Don't have business dealings with Nigerians.

My 3 un-PC lessons from working with the U.N. in Africa:
1. Don't drink with the Russians.
2. Don't let a CHICOM drive.
3. Don't have business dealings with Nigerians.

How I don't have alcohol poisoning after Ukraine is unbelievable.

How I don't have alcohol poisoning after Ukraine is unbelievable.
The Russian idea of "12 hours bottle to throttle" was to drink as much as you could within 12 hours of flying. They liked to fly with me as I learned early not to try and drink with them- so there was at least one sober pilot.

All I can relate is stories my father told me about flying 747s there:
Land
Go to hotel
Go to airport
Leave

Back