550 Knot Groundspeed

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Thought you guys might find this interesting. You can see the wind vector on the HSI. 91 knots just about on the tail.
1219081359-00.jpg

1219081359-01.jpg

Ill one up ya! :D

600.jpg

159 knots right up the rear end! 601 Kts across the ground and that was the VOR/DME tracking that. The GPS was saying 617 on the other side. Also just noticed Im a moron and had my baro set to 29.91... Dough!!

Did the conversion and its 692 MPH... Fast...

Okay, Zap I thought yours was really cool, then SoCal posted his, whoa! Did you all feel that breeze SoCal? haha. 601 on the ground speed is screaming.

Okay, Zap I thought yours was really cool, then SoCal posted his, whoa! Did you all feel that breeze SoCal? haha. 601 on the ground speed is screaming.

Lets just say that we were early going east that day. Usually we would have pulled it back but it was the last leg of a long day and we really wanted to be done.

Yesterday from Midway to PVD at 370 110+kt tailwind with 286-290KIAS had a GS of almost 515, the highest was 530

I just remembered this image. I took this shot as a passenger on a United 777 from Dulles to London. First time crossing the pond a couple summers back. The captain told us he had never made it that quick in the 5 or 6 years he had been flying the route. I believe we made it in right around 6 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 310
I remember going Dayton to LGA once a few years ago and having 615 knots across the ground with about 160 of it being from a tailwind. We ended up holding three times just because the compression was killing the New York controller who was trying to mix the northbound and eastbound traffic on the arrival.

Going back was brutal. We had 185 knots on the nose at one point. Our ground speed (while doing .77 mach) was around 275 knots.

This was in the Falcon 10 last year.

654kts.jpg

I didn't have the camera, but we had it up to 491 kts TAS a couple of months ago - in cruise.

We made LAX-EWR in less than 4 hours last Thursday (12/18). This was my commute on FedEx. The guys said they had 160 on the tail from TOC to TOD.

We made LAX-EWR in less than 4 hours last Thursday (12/18). This was my commute on FedEx. The guys said they had 160 on the tail from TOC to TOD.

Tough day to be going westbound!

I commuted LAX-EWR once on United on a redeye and it was 3:51. Gotta love those winter days!

I'm a little late to the party but last week over NY/Southern Canada etc there was steady 160-180kt winds. I unfortunately was working against them. There were plenty of Transcon flights stopping in Vegas, Salt Lake, Denver.

Managed 694 last week HKG-ANC but I didn't have the memory available to save the pic. I'll see what we come up with when I go back to work.

Back