King Air 200 Initial

t-cart

Anybody here been to King Air 200 initial school. I have some questions and would like to pm you. Thanks

Yes they do!

OK, this is a really stupid question that I think only you can answer - and Seggy brought up Beta.

Can you, on a turbine AG plane, put the machine on its nose using only beta and no brakes? What does it do to directional control when you throw a taildragger into reverse - does the lack of airflow over the rudder make you use differential braking to keep on the centerline, or is it not a big deal?

Sorry for the basic questions.

OK, this is a really stupid question that I think only you can answer - and Seggy brought up Beta.

Can you, on a turbine AG plane, put the machine on its nose using only beta and no brakes? What does it do to directional control when you throw a taildragger into reverse - does the lack of airflow over the rudder make you use differential braking to keep on the centerline, or is it not a big deal?

Sorry for the basic questions.

Waco, No, you cant put an ag plane on it's nose by using the beta range. Maybe full reverse and a heavy application of brakes, but not beta. As far as directional control, There again, beta itself is not too bad for control, It's when you come on back into reverse that can really get interesting.:D And yes, it is due to the lack of airflow over the tail. And yes, You will be doing a dance on the rudder pedals to keep from going in the ditch.

First turbine I bought was a Ag Cat with a Garrett -1. I thought I was getting good with it and could land on a dime. I told the ground guy to watch me land short. Really came close to busting my ---! Took all the air off the tail and was headed for the grain bins. Not very smart, and I didnt do it again. Whats those famous words? "Watch this". There is a good reason those two words are very dangerous in aviation.

Waco, No, you cant put an ag plane on it's nose by using the beta range. Maybe full reverse and a heavy application of brakes, but not beta. As far as directional control, There again, beta itself is not too bad for control, It's when you come on back into reverse that can really get interesting.:D And yes, it is due to the lack of airflow over the tail. And yes, You will be doing a dance on the rudder pedals to keep from going in the ditch.

First turbine I bought was a Ag Cat with a Garrett -1. I thought I was getting good with it and could land on a dime. I told the ground guy to watch me land short. Really came close to busting my ---! Took all the air off the tail and was headed for the grain bins. Not very smart, and I didnt do it again. Whats those famous words? "Watch this". There is a good reason those two words are very dangerous in aviation.

I guess some the famous words of one of the metro instructors I had applies...."if you do something and results are unfavorable...stop doing it!"

In this case would you come out of reverse and even add power to regain directional control?

Can you tell I don't fly taildraggers? :) I have 4hrs in logbook flying a citabria. No endorsement though.

Thanks!

I guess some the famous words of one of the metro instructors I had applies...."if you do something and results are unfavorable...stop doing it!"

In this case would you come out of reverse and even add power to regain directional control?

Can you tell I don't fly taildraggers? :) I have 4hrs in logbook flying a citabria. No endorsement though.

Yes, I would definetly bring it out of reverse and add just a touch of power to get a little air back there. Doesn't take much. It's really a weird feeling when this happens...It feels like something has broken. But, It is easily correctible by increasing the airflow back there.

I didn't notice it having as adverse effect in the PT-6's. I'm sure it is still there just not as noticeable as the Garrett with the instant response.

The Citabria is a great airplane, Have fun with it.

The Citabria is a great airplane, Have fun with it.

Yeah I'd love to get back into it one day. With the exception of a flight with FrogFlyer a couple of months ago in a 172 (where he let me touch the controls for maybe 2 minutes), I haven't really flown a single engine aircraft since October 2006.:) I rarely get to fly "for fun" these days.

Yeah I'd love to get back into it one day. With the exception of a flight with FrogFlyer a couple of months ago in a 172 (where he let me touch the controls for maybe 2 minutes), I haven't really flown a single engine aircraft since October 2006.:) I rarely get to fly "for fun" these days.

Man, That's just wrong.:)

Back