Dec. 9th - Basics Class Starts!

kdothammond

Finally got my FOL, last week so I figured I would start a thread for the people who start on Dec. 9th so we all can get acquainted pre-OKC. Hope to holla @ every1 soon.

Ham

Where is everyone staying at?
How are you getting to OKC?
Anyone looking for a ride to OKC from NYC area? If so let me know I might be driving!

Btw. Hi. I'm 27 y/o and a prior service military usmc. Looking forward to meeting everyone in OKC dec 9th!

Hello Everyone, looking forward to finally starting and meeting you all! Most likely will be staying at Fairways & slated for Morristown Municipal (NNJ) afterwards

I will be staying at Isolla Bella and am coming from Philly. More than likely I will be flying, I just dont think my car could make it down there. Also im bring my two dogs(Jack Russells). 22yo w/no military experience, degree in Comp. Info. Systems. Cant wait to meet all.

Dec 9th it is for me too! I'm still in a little shock that this is finally happening. I'm a little bummed about the notion of missing christmas with the family, but its worth it in the long run. Has anyone heard if we get the day after christmas off so we can come home? I looked at the calendar and based on how many class days and the end date for basics, i doubt it... but it would be nice!

I'll be in the Dec. 9th class too!!! I CAN'T WAIT! I am coming from VA. As for being off on Christmas, I am assuming since we start class on Dec. 9th and have 25 days of basics ending on Jan 13th, that we only have time for ONE day off - I would assume Christmas. Also, since we immediately start Cab classes on Jan 14 which lasts 37 days, I figure our last day of class is Thursday, March 5 - Is this what everyone else has come up with?

Also, when I called my facility, they said that classes normally end on a Thursday in order to give you Friday as the "24 hours" to get to your facility. This way we really get 72 hours before we have to start work on Monday. This was coming from the Tower secretary who was very nice & helpful, but it felt like they expect me to start work after the 24 hours (plus the weekend) and not request extra time. That is fine with me!!! I guess every facility is different, but I can't wait! :nana2:

I'm still here...counting the days! It's been cold here lately, so bring your coats. We get a vicious wind here ("when the wind comes sweepin' down the plains!").

so.... I don't think the identity of sooonerATC and avi8torgirl is known yet... lol. who are you guys?

Back