Question about Geo Prefs

sestevens

Hey guys, I looked for this in other places, but couldn't really figure out how it works.

My question involves the timeline, specifically about Geo Prefs. When I applied for the PUBNATs, I set my Geographic Preferences as "Throughout the US". Yet on people's timelines, I always see something about Geo Prefs well after the AT-SAT. What is that about? Will they eventually ask for more specific geo prefs? And what happens after that?

Any idea of how the time line for this process works would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, here is how the Geo Prefs work in regards to your question. On your initial application there is a spot for you to specify a certain area. It is generally thought to be the best choice to put down "Throughout the entire US" just to get your foot in the door.
If your application is approved you move on to scheduling and taking the ATSAT. If/when you pass the test you will be sent another E-mail that links to a Geo Pref specific web site. Everyone that passes the test gets this E-mail. Here is where you are asked to specify if you would like to be considered for terminal, enroute, or both. You can also select your two prime locations to work. There is a comments box at the bottom that you can use to add specific info or perhaps write in another choice in hopes of getting it.
From there they use that data, your ATSAT score, and some say a ouija board to select who heads for the panels and who is up for more waiting. Relatively speaking of course. I hope that cleared up some of it. If you have anymore questions then just ask. Please search for them first though or you might incur the wrath of some others on here.

Hey guys, I looked for this in other places, but couldn't really figure out how it works.

My question involves the timeline, specifically about Geo Prefs. When I applied for the PUBNATs, I set my Geographic Preferences as "Throughout the US". Yet on people's timelines, I always see something about Geo Prefs well after the AT-SAT. What is that about? Will they eventually ask for more specific geo prefs? And what happens after that?

Any idea of how the time line for this process works would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, you will eventually receive an email asking for your Geo Prefs. you get to choose 2 states, and can either choose Terminal Only (Tower & TRACON), En Route Only (Center), or Both.

i cant give you a timeline because i dont know what pubnats you applied for

Wonderful, thanks a lot guys!

I've applied for PUBNATs 5 and 7 now. Just took the AT-SAT yesterday in OKC. So provided I passed, I'll get an email asking me for my two favorite states to live in with a little box to add some more? That sounds simple enough. I appreciate the help! Now we play the waiting game...

Wonderful, thanks a lot guys!

I've applied for PUBNATs 5 and 7 now. Just took the AT-SAT yesterday in OKC. So provided I passed, I'll get an email asking me for my two favorite states to live in with a little box to add some more? That sounds simple enough. I appreciate the help! Now we play the waiting game...

its simple, but annoying because that geo prefs email probably wont come to you for another 3-4 months

I spoke to someone at DTW tower yesterday, attempting to schedule a tour. Anyhow, when I told her I was going to pick Michigan as one of my preferences, she told me I didn't have to choose another state if I didn't want to. Is this true? Can I select just one state, or is it mandatory to choose two?

Did the guys in DTW give you any hint if they need people?

The woman I spoke to, she said that if I wanted Michigan, to put it as my only choice and that I wouldn't have any problem getting something in the state. She said every place in Michigan does need people, but that she couldnt' promise that I wouldn't get FLint or Ann Arbor or something. If you want to call up there and can't find the number, send me a message and i'll give you the contact info I have. She was really helpful and nice.

The woman I spoke to, she said that if I wanted Michigan, to put it as my only choice and that I wouldn't have any problem getting something in the state. She said every place in Michigan does need people, but that she couldnt' promise that I wouldn't get FLint or Ann Arbor or something. If you want to call up there and can't find the number, send me a message and i'll give you the contact info I have. She was really helpful and nice.

Here's hoping for a well qualified score and FNT, hopefully I'm the only person who really wants to live here! Now if I could just get my score back...........

Back