ATP and VA/GI Bill

Counselor

ATP's website says Dallas, JAX, and Atlanta locations will be offering the full ATP training regimen in "early 2009" with VA/GI Bill reimbursement. I know a lot of people have been waiting for ATP to be eligible for VA/GI Bill reimbursement. Anyone know anything about this new program? I posted this in the ATP forum, but got no responses. Thanks.

I can tell you that they are working on getting the Airline Career Pilot Program approved under Part 141 and also approved by the VA. Their goal is January 2009, but who knows if it will actually happen by then. I think that is why they are saying "early 2009" now. I didn't know that they were advertising it for the JAX, ATL, and DFW locations but that is not surprising considering those are 3 of their biggest locations.

Regardless of whether they get 141 approved, if you are interested in flight training towards a commercial pilot certificate, I would suggest you start now at an FBO that is 141 approved. You may find that you can accomplish your goal just about as quickly as you would at ATP and that it will cost you (and the government) a lot less. Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ATP's website says Dallas, JAX, and Atlanta locations will be offering the full ATP training regimen in "early 2009" with VA/GI Bill reimbursement. I know a lot of people have been waiting for ATP to be eligible for VA/GI Bill reimbursement. Anyone know anything about this new program? I posted this in the ATP forum, but got no responses. Thanks.

If you're getting serious reinbursement on your ratings, then don't go to ATP for anything other than maybe a multi addon, or CFIs, otherwise you spend ridiculous amounts of coin.

Back