USAF mill courtosey quesion

USMCmech

I was watching the movie "Air Force One" with Harrison Ford the other day, and something occoured to me. Several times durring the move, some pilot calls HQ and refers to them as "Sirs" plural. With the amount of support that the USAF supplied to that movie, I would expect them to get details like that correct.

Now IIRC, in the USMC/Navy it was "Gentelman" when speaking to a group of officers. Is it different in the USAF?

Why in God's name are you drunk at 5pm?

As of 2 years ago, it was "Gentlemen." I'm sure there's a 3-star and his goons working on revising this as we speak, however. Remember, we're at war!

Why in God's name are you drunk at 5pm?

As of 2 years ago, it was "Gentlemen." I'm sure there's a 3-star and his goons working on revising this as we speak, however. Remember, we're at war!

Would that be the same folks who now mandate that we wear blues on Monday? :D

Yes, it's "Gentlemen".

Officially, when talking to a General, the correct term is "General".

In addition to "gentlemen", "officers" is also correct.

I think the real question is how do you greet a superior officer that is passing and you can't tell their gender?

"Good morning er, er, er.....sir'am....um, uh... AIR CAV!"

Or is this problem unique to the Army?

I think the real question is how do you greet a superior officer that is passing and you can't tell their gender?

"Good morning er, er, er.....sir'am....um, uh... AIR CAV!"

Or is this problem unique to the Army?

I don't know that the USAF has a gender-neutral greeting that doesn't sound weird or stupid -- we don't do the unit-specific punctuation at the end of our statements.

Oh, that's not what you meant. :)

Yes, the USAF has it's share of "Pats".

Back in the spring of 01, I flew a one star ANG General off the carrier. He was a C-130 driver and had stated he wanted to fly the COD. So I let him come up and hop in the left seat and fly home. Of course I was addressing him as General....no real theme to this story except that calling someone General sounds kind of bad ass. More so that calling someone Admiral, in my opinion of course. Just sounds tough.

My question is whether William H. Massey is wearing pilot wings. He said he didn't know how to fly, but...

LLH -- GREAT book.

My question is whether William H. Massey is wearing pilot wings. He said he didn't know how to fly, but.

I caught that too.

I'm always amazed at how badly Hollywood can screw up some really basic things. Dosen't the Millitary suply technial advisers to movies they support. I know they did with AF1, supposedly all the ground sceens were shot at some AFB with the F-15s taking off, ect.

I understand when they simplify and dramatize in order to make a movie (Blackhawk Down), but when I hear stupid cheesy dialog (Pearl Harbor) I just cringe.

Back