FAA Timetable?

clayfenderstrat

I just competed by PPL checkride last Tuesday, and am wondering about my license. I have my temporary, but the examiner didn't really say how long before the FAA will send my real certificate in the mail. How long does this usually take, and is there anyway I can check on the status of my license? I am not in a big hurry, I would just like to know when to expect the letter in the mail.

Thanks

I just competed by PPL checkride last Tuesday, and am wondering about my license. I have my temporary, but the examiner didn't really say how long before the FAA will send my real certificate in the mail. How long does this usually take, and is there anyway I can check on the status of my license? I am not in a big hurry, I would just like to know when to expect the letter in the mail.

Thanks

I think it depends..I think the temp is good for 120? days...Mine came in about a month but it could be longer..

Mine came one week before I did my INS. checkride (they they take it away again to give you a new temp one), and I'm not on any fast track program, just weekends mostly. Took a few months. I would imagine if you were at some fast track program you could be done with all your ratings by the time you saw a plastic one.

The temp is good for 120 days. If you don't have your permanent license in about 100 days start calling. The FSDO ended up losing mine and then incorrectly resubmitted it so OKC rejected it. So mine took about 170 days. I believe the normal average is about 90 days.

You can call the FAA Airman Records Branch at the 866 number below and press option 1, 1, and this will tell you what Date of Issue they are currently processing. As of this writing they are processing licenses issued on 9.19.2008.

866 878-2498

or

405 954-3205

Congrats on the PPL!

The plastic took a while to come, my temp was close to running out.

I did my CFII at the end of August, and received the shinny card in the beginning of November. I've never waited that long, usually only 3-5 weeks. However, recently within the past 3-4 months, the FAA got a backlog of a lot of licenses and they were VERY slow at processing, but as of now, they are trying to catch up. That's the word from our FSDO. And as stated above, they are currently on 9-19.. so it might be a while.

I did my CFII at the end of August, and received the shinny card in the beginning of November. I've never waited that long, usually only 3-5 weeks. However, recently within the past 3-4 months, the FAA got a backlog of a lot of licenses and they were VERY slow at processing, but as of now, they are trying to catch up. That's the word from our FSDO. And as stated above, they are currently on 9-19.. so it might be a while.

The reason I was told by the Fed it is taking longer is that they have changed to a new computer system and are experience some growing pains.

The reason I was told by the Fed it is taking longer is that they have changed to a new computer system and are experience some growing pains.

Ah good to know!! Does that have anything to do with IACRA? Or is that computer system something completely separate?

Back