Pilots and Earrings

Trip7

In light of the Pilots and Tattoos thread I had this come up in my head. I know at interviews most tattoos are covered up. With earrings obviously you wouldn't be wearing one but I'm sure the interviewers would notice a hole in one or both ears. With the industry being a conservative one I think it could have a negative impact on your image to the interviewers. On the other hand I also think its shouldn't really be a big deal IF they even notice it.

Nope, don't have any. I was thinking about getting both pierced(normally). Just seeing if it would look bad at an interview at a major.

Get your belly button pierced. :sarcasm:

Earrings on dudes went out of style in like 1992 unless you are a pro athlete or a rich rapper. But to each their own.

Get your belly button pierced. :sarcasm:

Earrings on dudes went out of style in like 1992 unless you are a pro athlete or a rich rapper. But to each their own.

I think that is when maybe you lost touch with what style is. ha ha

Unless they actually look really hard they are not going to see a hole. I had both my ears gauged to a zero, 1/3 of an inch, and you really cant tell now and have had no problem getting a job.

Nope, don't have any. I was thinking about getting both pierced(normally). Just seeing if it would look bad at an interview at a major.

I can't say I've seen more than one guy that I noticed that had pierced ears.

Nothing says unprofessional like a pilot with earrings.

What if she's wearing small, nondescript gold stud earrings? ;)

Earrings on male pilots look unprofessional and silly.

Earrings on a female pilot would probably go completely unnoticed.

I'm not talking about wearing an earring in uniform. Here at ASA its prohibited. I'm talking about having your ear pierced and what effect it would have at an interview.

Saw a lady on TV she has a split tongue and is able to grab things with it. Now that would be very impressive on a interview.

I'm not talking about wearing an earring in uniform. Here at ASA its prohibited. I'm talking about having your ear pierced and what effect it would have at an interview.

Seriously, I don't think it would help IF they notice... Airlines are build on conformity and a piercing would show a lack to conform, so why would they choose you when they have ten or twenty applicants down the hall that do... Harsh perhaps, but that is the industry and competitive nature of the job search.

I suppose it may be my military background, but something screams unprofessionalism regarding men with holes in one's ears.

Back