Pilots and stubble and cigarettes and motorcycles and flasks

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
Hey. I don't like to shave, I smoke, and I sometimes (ok, often) drink a lot. Do you think I should show up to my next interview on my hawg with a six o clock shadow, a camel dangling insolently from my lip, and a flask in my interview suit pocket?

Thanks.

PS. Is it manners to wait until out of the employee parking lot to mug the HR lady?

Re: Pilots and stubble and cigarettes and motorcycles and fl

Hey. I don't like to shave, I smoke, and I sometimes (ok, often) drink a lot. Do you think I should show up to my next interview on my hawg with a six o clock shadow, a camel dangling insolently from my lip, and a flask in my interview suit pocket?

Thanks.

PS. Is it manners to wait until out of the employee parking lot to mug the HR lady?

It worked for Billy Bob Thorton when he got into NY TRACON in Pushing Tin.

Yeah, i saw that....

Sounds like a solid plan! Be sure to let us know how it goes. :crazy: :bandit: :D

I'm curious too. I was thinking that when I get the hours that would be the appropriate way to interview for a 135 freight job, but I'm just not sure. Someone please help!

If your interview is in Milwaukee, it might help. :)

I'm curious too. I was thinking that when I get the hours that would be the appropriate way to interview for a 135 freight job, but I'm just not sure. Someone please help!

Good call. When I said "interview suit" I actually meant "motorcycle jacket".

from my first day-off till the morning before my next day-on I don't shave. I had three weeks off recently and grew a monster beard. Day before work, just to mess with the wife, I shaved in some sweet mutten chops and a handlebar mustache, slicked back the hair, and put on my black "Hogs Breath" t-shirt with ripped blue jeans. She came home from work and thought a Son of Anarchy had busted in the house.

Scotchy Scotch Scotch for breakfast this morning? :)

Scotchy Scotch Scotch for breakfast this morning? :)

No, and I resent the implication. I've been drinking a perfectly civllized beer for the last, uh, ohmygod. As best I recall, the initial point of the thread was to say something along the lines of "If you think you're a pirate, don't act like it when you go to an interview" in response to a couple of threads. Needless to say, I seem to have gotten sidetracked. BUT NOT BY SCOTCH. Not yet, anyway.

If your interview is in Milwaukee, it might help. :)
shoot, if you walk in with a PBR in hand for an interview in MKE, it might help as you're saying "I support the local economy" :p

No, and I resent the implication. I've been drinking a perfectly civllized beer for the last, uh, ohmygod. As best I recall, the initial point of the thread was to say something along the lines of "If you think you're a pirate, don't act like it when you go to an interview" in response to a couple of threads. Needless to say, I seem to have gotten sidetracked. BUT NOT BY SCOTCH. Not yet, anyway.

YARRRR, avast!

The FARs are like the pirates' code... more of guidelines. lol

Do you take the interview seriously?

Do you take the people who are taking time out of their day to interview you seriously?

If you do, you'll respect them and show them respect accordingly by providing a professional image.

Nothing wrong with the stubble. Infact, ill be beside you sporting my 6 oclock shaddow. I drink Hinnegans so you wont be able to smell me, but you can know ill be tanked up!

I don't know how it happened, but someone caught me just before my last interview:

redneck21.jpg

im sorry thats not you. thats no other than mark segaloff.

im sorry thats not you. thats no other than mark segaloff.

No self-respecting int'l pilot would sit in the cheap seats like that.

I have no self respect. :bandit:

Do you take the people who are taking time out of their day to interview you seriously?

If you do, you'll respect them and show them respect accordingly by providing a professional image.
Light

En

Up

Hmm. If I say "no", is that going to affect my chances of getting the job?

Back