Where's the list of FAA banned medications/surgeries

Piker

I don't even take medicines, but I was a little disturbed to hear the medical people at PEPC tic off some of the brand-name disqualifying medicines. This is going to give me pause now if the doctor writes a prescription for whatever. I'm thinking about getting LASIK, should I not?

This might be better in the medical forum, but since it really isn't a personal medical issue and it only applies to ATCers, I thought I'd post it here.

I don't even take medicines, but I was a little disturbed to hear the medical people at PEPC tic off some of the brand-name disqualifying medicines. This is going to give me pause now if the doctor writes a prescription for whatever. I'm thinking about getting LASIK, should I not?

This might be better in the medical forum, but since it really isn't a personal medical issue and it only applies to ATCers, I thought I'd post it here.
It is a *medical* issue tho, and we're talking about a flight physical here, done by the same doctors who do pilot physicals. So, you'll probably get an answer in the ask a flight surgeon forum, not here.

Along the same lines... does anybody know what the story is regarding ADD medication and controllers? A friend of mine was thinking about applying to the next PUBNAT, and she's taken Ritalin for several years.

Somewhere on the FAA's website -- I don't recall where, and the bookmark is on my other computer, which is currently being repaired -- there was a list of medications and conditions. ADD, and its accompanying medications, was listed, along with a note saying (in so many words) that it would be considered on a case-by-case basis. That didn't sound promising for her. In any case, Ritalin is an amphetamine and is disqualifying for an airman's certificate, so it doesn't sound like something they'd like controllers on either.

I'll post the link up when I get my computer back, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

Back