I've been preselected for a ride with the FAA!

kiloalpha

Woohoo! Enlight of our new passenger services... the FAA is going to start some route checks, starting with mine tomorrow! It's a 5 hour route so it gives me ample time to screw up but I'm sure nothing will really happen. The same guy that is going to fly with me was there this moring to ramp check and that went ok. Wish me luck!

Kiloalpha, is Central still closing some bases? I heard they closed FTY last month.
Yeah, the cargo Nazis (Bayside/AirExpressNet) keep stealing our routes even though we had an agreement not to take each others work. I think some of our Texas routes are closing soon too, due to them. They say some work is going to come up soon but nothing definite yet. This is our last week for Quest stuff since they are going to run their own lab work.

Just take your time, you'll be fine. Recently I had two random route checks in the same day! Sheesh, what are the odds? Everything was fine, but I was glad when the day was done.

Woohoo! Enlight of our new passenger services... the FAA is going to start some route checks, starting with mine tomorrow! It's a 5 hour route so it gives me ample time to screw up but I'm sure nothing will really happen. The same guy that is going to fly with me was there this moring to ramp check and that went ok. Wish me luck!

Which inspector did you draw?

Every single FAA inspector that has been watching me or checking me knew much MUCH less about the operation than they would have you think. They were all nice guys and were really just there to BS or commute.

Every single FAA inspector that has been watching me or checking me knew much MUCH less about the operation than they would have you think. They were all nice guys and were really just there to BS or commute.

We've had this out of Binghamton... after about the third time I kind of had an inkling he was commuting so I told the guy "you know... you CAN sit in the back if you want." Since then he only stops up front to say hello, and then settles back into a seat and dozes for the flight.

:yeahthat:

It's always been said it's better to have the FAA along for your fed ride than a company check airman. Why? They don't know the book forwards, backwards and sideways like a check airman. I had an APD for my fed ride, and I got grilled so badly, I wondered if I passed. My sim partner had an FAA guy, and it was a breeze for him.

:argue:

hopefully it didn't go like the emoticon above!

I can't remember the guys name but he has alot of AC-690 time and seemed pretty nice about everything. I'll let you know tomorrow night when I get back from it.

Back