New York Center

Znyatc

I decided to start this thread for the NY center folks. It's an opportunity for us to meet before heading to OKC. Other folks are more than welcome to put in a word

word_to_your_mother.jpg

ok ok, we both fall into that category. and so far, 4 posts in this thread and nothing about ZNY....

so you really think you have that long of a wait for your class date?

I decided to start this thread for the NY center folks. It's an opportunity for us to meet before heading to OKC. Other folks are more than welcome to put in a word

also goin to ZNY, and on JC you have Radioflyer, hudson, and Lisraref, and i think there may be one other person goin as well. have you visited ZNY?

also goin to ZNY, and on JC you have Radioflyer, hudson, and Lisraref, and i think there may be one other person goin as well. have you visited ZNY?
Nice!! I haven't visited there as of yet, but I hope to before I head to the academy. Have you?

ok ok, we both fall into that category. and so far, 4 posts in this thread and nothing about ZNY....

so you really think you have that long of a wait for your class date?

I got my class date already...just waiting until it gets here...Thanks for supporting the thread gimp and boomer!!

I got my class date already...just waiting until it gets here...Thanks for supporting the thread gimp and boomer!!

yeah I have visited it. Back in march. So you have a class date already?? When?? I'm guessing your pubnat1 then?

yeah I have visited it. Back in march. So you have a class date already?? When?? I'm guessing your pubnat1 then?
I'm hoping to visit there sometime this month or next month. Do you still have the manager's name and contact info? I got a class date already, March 16th. I'm actually CTI, I ended up in the middle of them changing procedures, so I'm just now getting a date. I'm assuming that you might end up with the same class date as I. All the best at the PEPC!!

I'm hoping to visit there sometime this month or next month. Do you still have the manager's name and contact info? I got a class date already, March 16th. I'm actually CTI, I ended up in the middle of them changing procedures, so I'm just now getting a date. I'm assuming that you might end up with the same class date as I. All the best at the PEPC!!

i will send you the training managers name and phone number tomorrow so you can set up a tour. its at work so i dont have it on me now.

when i spoke to him he told me they have classes set up from now till march, so there is a good chance we will end up in the same class. are you from Long Island? what made you wanna be a controller?

i will send you the training managers name and phone number tomorrow so you can set up a tour. its at work so i dont have it on me now.

when i spoke to him he told me they have classes set up from now till march, so there is a good chance we will end up in the same class. are you from Long Island? what made you wanna be a controller?

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm currently in Queens. I was born in Jamaica then my family decided to move. After seeing how things worked at the airport, as far as how the planes get sent out and come in, I decided that it would be an interesting and challenging career for me. How about you? I hope we end up in the same class.

You guys recommend any areas around ZNY to look for apartments? I live in Jersey now and don't plan on driving to/from LI every day... so I'll need to look for an apartment out there.

You guys recommend any areas around ZNY to look for apartments? I live in Jersey now and don't plan on driving to/from LI every day... so I'll need to look for an apartment out there.

ZNY is in Ronkonkoma, and that is a pretty cheap area. i would also suggest Centereach where i live. its a decently priced area. also, selden, coram are probably the cheapest...

I live in Levittown in Nassau County...It isn't as far out as bippoptl lives but its about a 30-40 minute ride average to the center. Nice area and decently populated and such.....some areas out east on LI things become quite spread out.

I live in Levittown in Nassau County...It isn't as far out as bippoptl lives but its about a 30-40 minute ride average to the center. Nice area and decently populated and such.....some areas out east on LI things become quite spread out.

i only live about 10 minutes from ZNY over here in centereach. and areas start to thin out MUCH further east then where i live, and where ZNY are. i would stay away from the north or south shore cause they get expensive. and go from Lake grove (east) to coram. that will give you the cheapest.

Lake Grove, Centereach, Ronkonkoma, Lake Ronkonkoma, Holbrook, Holtsville, Selden, Coram, Port Jefferson, Port Jeff Station.....you can also try Mt. Sinai, Miller Place, or Rocky Point but these are a little further.........furthest in this list would probably be 20 minutes with no traffic, and maybe up to 40 minutes with

I haven't started looking for apartments as of yet. I figure that I would start when I'm almost done at OKC? How much is reasonable?

I haven't started looking for apartments as of yet. I figure that I would start when I'm almost done at OKC? How much is reasonable?

you can probably find an apartment for one person, like a studio, for around 800-900 dollars. NY Sucks..haha

Back