Possessed "green book" CD

Oksee

I have read posts about the green book. Some say the CD is not worth using at all as it differs significantly from the test itself; the others say it is a great CD and the only thing they used to study; and there are, of course, some who did not study at all (lucky you!).
But my CD does some strange things: changes questions on my during Analogies, answers question by itself in the math sections ... I can not start Dials, it gives me Windows error and during ATC section it will not let me select the planes, so I basically crashed them all. Did any of you had same issues? or similar at least?:confused:

Also, I was wondering if Jeremy's games are closer to the Atsat test rather than green book's CD?
Thank you.

First thing you should do is download the patch for the disc at http://www.asa2fly.com/files/support...ss13vpatch.exe
That will help with most of the weird things that disc is doing. Also, jeremyjustice.com is much closer to what the real thing was like, but it only reviewed a couple of the sections. Look around in the forums. You'll find a plethora of info about the test and everything that follows.

In my opinion jeremy justice is way closer to the test, and the only thing that i would even look at in the green book is the math problems.

But my CD does some strange things: changes questions on my during Analogies, answers question by itself in the math sections ... quote]

call this dude....

ExorcistChris_FatherMerrin.jpg

Thanks, however, I tried that patch and it solved some problems, but the test is still acting weird. I just don't get it, why aren't more people publish the material for the ATSAT exam except for this green book. After reading this forum, I feel like I shouldn't have spent 50 bucks for the book.

Anyway, I was also wondering about AT scenarious. Jeremy's and the CD does not offer any sound options. As I learned from the forum, I will have to talk to the pilots using headsets and mic. Are pilots going to be real people or computerized? What lingo do I use?

Thanks, however, I tried that patch and it solved some problems, but the test is still acting weird. I just don't get it, why aren't more people publish the material for the ATSAT exam except for this green book. After reading this forum, I feel like I shouldn't have spent 50 bucks for the book.

Anyway, I was also wondering about AT scenarious. Jeremy's and the CD does not offer any sound options. As I learned from the forum, I will have to talk to the pilots using headsets and mic. Are pilots going to be real people or computerized? What lingo do I use?

You won't have to say anything to the computerized pilots. After you put in a command, you need to listen to the pilots readback to make sure it matches what you want them to do. Sometimes they respond with something completely different and you have to correct them by re inputing. It's just another little way of testing you.

In some sections of the green book, the questions are timed. If you take too long to answer a question, the computer answers it for you and skips you to the next question. That might be what you are experiencing. On the real test, the individual questions are not timed like that. The sections are timed, so you can decide how much time to spend on each question.

they are computerized voices. if you use the AT scenarios it will help you. the one on the disc is much faster than the one in the ATSAT. if you master the one on the disc, you should have no problem with the one on the test. on the test, the scenario has a 7 second delay on planes, they aren't constantly moving. another thing that you need to know is that on the test, you have to choose to accept planes, which you constantly have to keep an eye open for. i'll let you know that i crashed 3 planes and still got a 97. my buddy crashed 2 and got a 98, so don't fret if you screw up a little.

Differences from my test/suggestions and reasoning supporting the purchase of the green book/cd combo.

On the Air traffic control scenarios section of the test, jeremy justice comes in handy with familiarizing the general flow of operations and how the poop works in general.

***difference: On the test version you have to re-click an airplane before you give it a command each time... even if you're trying to give the same plane multiple commands one after another.

Use the jeremy justice to flood your screen and familiarize yourself with "OMFG TOO MANY PLANES!! GONNA CRASH!!"

once you get used to that feeling.. you'll do just fine on the test.. the thing updates every 7 seconds but it's designed to mess with you.. considering the nature of the simulation.. you'll basically have 2 planes heading for the same airport with similar arrival times and then right when they're getting close to the airport airspace BAM.. a new airplane comes into the mix.

it's horrible. I crashed like 4 planes i think.. maybe 5. :(

but I wouldn't criticize the study guides any more than I would criticize the actual test. It's random, ######.. and it's designed to mess with your head. The letter factory is different than the green book version too.. but.. I have to say the main point is that it gives you something to just familiarize yourself with the general operation of these tests.

my dials didn't work either though :(

from my experience.. there's really no way to fully prepare yourself for the test.. it's going to jerk you around lest you be a cti/college atc student and are versed in this kind of habidashery already. ;)

i would say that the letter factory was the hardest part of the test. the lines on the conveyor belts are at different levels, and each belt is at a different speed. the questions are the hard part though. a lot of them are something like "how many boxes, and what color boxes will you need to get rid of every letter left on the belt?" that part sucked a lot.

i would say that the letter factory was the hardest part of the test. the lines on the conveyor belts are at different levels, and each belt is at a different speed. the questions are the hard part though. a lot of them are something like "how many boxes, and what color boxes will you need to get rid of every letter left on the belt?" that part sucked a lot.

well it might just be me with my louisiana education, but those analogies on the test made zero sense to me at all.

the best strategy is to remember that your only tested on the questions you answer, not how many you got right total. i answered all the analogies completely blind and made a 88.5%. my buddy froze up and only answered like 15 out of the 45 or so and he made a 100%(after crashing like 3 planes too)

so i guess the moral of this story is to pace yourself. if you dont answer all the questions it doesnt hurt you.

only scored on the questions you answer.....

uuh...

I failed to make note of that little detail. that would have probably helped me out a LOT on the test.. I blazed through every question and answered to the best of my ability.. but I input something for every question...

well crap.... i guess I'll just have to keep studying up for a year from now. ugh...

only scored on the questions you answer.....

uuh...

I failed to make note of that little detail. that would have probably helped me out a LOT on the test.. I blazed through every question and answered to the best of my ability.. but I input something for every question...

well crap.... i guess I'll just have to keep studying up for a year from now. ugh...

Haha ... so did you pass the test ?
:p

well it might just be me with my louisiana education, but those analogies on the test made zero sense to me at all.

the best strategy is to remember that your only tested on the questions you answer, not how many you got right total. i answered all the analogies completely blind and made a 88.5%. my buddy froze up and only answered like 15 out of the 45 or so and he made a 100%(after crashing like 3 planes too)

so i guess the moral of this story is to pace yourself. if you dont answer all the questions it doesnt hurt you.

So, what is the moral of the story? Quality vs. Quantaty? :rolleyes:
Like in the book ... some of the words it used during the Analogy ... I had no clue about, since English is not my first language. So, I guess I should just guess it.

You see, all of my friends who applied had some sort of aviation background: pilot, dispatch, aviation college, etc. Me, nahh .. don't have any, besides a dream to be ATC and will to push forward. Gosh ... I just truly want to pass it with a good score.

So, what is the moral of the story? Quality vs. Quantaty? :rolleyes:
Like in the book ... some of the words it used during the Analogy ... I had no clue about, since English is not my first language. So, I guess I should just guess it.

You see, all of my friends who applied had some sort of aviation background: pilot, dispatch, aviation college, etc. Me, nahh .. don't have any, besides a dream to be ATC and will to push forward. Gosh ... I just truly want to pass it with a good score.
Quality and quantity:D. I would answer all of them, it seemed to work for me.

I'm gonna have to call bullshi* on this one. If that were the case why not just pick one question you know you will get right, answer that one and then go to lunch with your 100%. I think someone was feeding you a line. Did you ever think that maybe your friend got all 15 he answered right and you got 40 of the 45 wrong?

what are you thoughts on it? came out relaxed or stressed out?

from what i've read several individuals on the site didn't know how they did... some thought they failed after the test but later found out they did fine.

I definitely felt a huge caffeine rush after the test and I was kinda walking in the clouds.. but I honestly don't know how I feel about it.. given the weighting and curving of the test I can'-t honestly say I even know how I think I did.. I'm hoping I at least get an 85-87.. i'll be able to sleep easy.

but now I'm just nervous that come results time I'm going to click the test results button on ASAP and see 82 or 78 or something..

i just don't know what to make of it.

Back