ATC Tower Tour in DC? NetworkJC ideas?

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Ideas are floating around (in the NetworkJC forum) about moving NetworkJC out to DC next year.

What are the possibilities of getting a tower tour set up at either IAD or DCA? would we need to go through stringent security measures (passports) or is it just out of the question still? Anyone have contacts at either airport that we could talk to?

Also, we'd like to provide a "pilot to controller" (and vice versa) roundtable/discussion session...I know a few pilots are interested so far....Anyone here interested in something like that for next year?

How about an ATC roundtable? We'd need an idea of what ya'll want to learn, we'd need maybe 2 presenters and an idea of how many would be interested in attending....

NJC dates for next year are Oct 17-22....not sure what dates the tours or roundtables would occur yet, we're just now working on *ideas* of what people want to see/learn for 2009.

Thanks! :D

If it's in DC I can probably work out a tour for you guys of one of the facilities there... I have some contacts there. I would also most likely attend if it's in DC, it's not a long drive for me and I'm in DC several times a year for NATCA business.

My husband and I want to attend. We wanted to this year but moving to OKC changed finances. Trovan is my husband. He has an account here but doesn't post often. I will get him to come on and say some of the things he would like. I personally think that it would be a good idea to have a "new controller" roundtable. One where, controllers in training can discuss problem areas and get constructive critism on how to solve or help in those areas.

if u guys do Vegas I would love to attend. would love to network and roundtable with ya'll. otherwise, DC is 4 time zones too far east for me.

I've toured DCA twice. It's not hard to get a tour set up there. Just contact the NACTA rep out there. They are all very nice....you shouldn't need anything other then a drivers license.

Okay- longshot here.

Pentagon tour? I understand they have them.. not really sure what it means.

I've been to Ground Zero, but still need to stop by the Pentagon to pay my respects to the 9/11 victims.

AFRCC (Air Force Rescue Coordinatio Center) in Langley, VA. It's where the coordination for an ELT/SARSAT hit goes down. Not really sure what they'd show us, but as a former Civil Air Patrol cadet it sounds neat.

Okay- longshot here.

Pentagon tour? I understand they have them.. not really sure what it means.

**everyone gathers in front of the pentagon**

"Ladies and Gentleman, this is the Pentagon Building..." the guide gives a 10 minute history of the Pentagon.

"Alright folks, any questions? Okay, well I hope you enjoyed your tour, have a great day."

I kid, I have no idea. :p

**everyone gathers in front of the pentagon**

"Ladies and Gentleman, this is the Pentagon Building..." the guide gives a 10 minute history of the Pentagon.

"Alright folks, any questions? Okay, well I hope you enjoyed your tour, have a great day."

I kid, I have no idea. :p
Anyone with mil ID can get into the pentagon, I wandered around there while I was TDY to Andrews. It's pretty neat. Went over to where the plane hit. There's a memorial inside.

Back