Jobs that are 60K+/ home every night in the NE?

Mattio

Does anyone know of any flying or related jobs in the northeast that pay 60,000+ a year and you could be home every night? I will have about 3000 hours by the time my current training contract is up. (2000 turbine sic)

Are there any opening with Alaska Central Express? I just sent the Dir. of Ops. an email with my resume. Looks like fun though.

Are there any opening with Alaska Central Express? I just sent the Dir. of Ops. an email with my resume. Looks like fun though.

maybe, they're a little fat on captains, but they'd put you in the right seat at 35k/year or so at first. do you have any alaska time

No I sure don't. I keep hearing about jobs in Alaska and require "Alaska Time", I guess that has to do with weather and mountain type stuff? I was hoping for a shot at the Cessna 207 if that's still available. There were pictures on the website.

No I sure don't. I keep hearing about jobs in Alaska and require "Alaska Time", I guess that has to do with weather and mountain type stuff? I was hoping for a shot at the Cessna 207 if that's still available. There were pictures on the website.

Ace doesn't have 207s anymore, you'd be better off to try for Grant or Hageland if your looking to drive the sled. That being said, ACE pays better in the long run. Mostly it has to do with bitter cold temps, and weather. The mountains tend to be less of a factor as most of the entry level places aren't flying around them. Anyhow, yeah, there are plenty of available jobs up here.

Does anyone know of any flying or related jobs in the northeast that pay 60,000+ a year and you could be home every night? I will have about 3000 hours by the time my current training contract is up. (2000 turbine sic)
Might try an outfit in pittsfield MA called Lyon's Aviation.
You won't be home every night but if you can get them to hire you as a captain on a hawker 800 you might get up in that neighborhood

I'm about 1200 hours shy of being able to apply with those places. Sitting on about 320 TT. Know any jobs that are low time?

I'm about 1200 hours shy of being able to apply with those places. Sitting on about 320 TT. Know any jobs that are low time?

<dead horse>Flight instruct, banner tow, skydivers</dead horse>

Grant might (might) pick you up at 500TT if you had some AK time. Servant air in kodiak might snag you if you're into slave labor.

Grant might (might) pick you up at 500TT if you had some AK time. Servant air in kodiak might snag you if you're into slave labor.

Not really a dead horse. The guy seems new... cut him some slack. He did ask a legit question. And there are low time jobs out there... they are just becoming harder and harder to get with the current pilot market situation.

Not really a dead horse. The guy seems new... cut him some slack. He did ask a legit question. And there are low time jobs out there... they are just becoming harder and harder to get with the current pilot market situation.

When you find this 60K job in the northeast that keeps you home everynight let me know. Myself as well as around 15 other guys I personally know are all looking for just about the same thing...except we want 80K and weekends off.

Believe me, I've sent resumes to instruct, banner tow, and DZs. Banner towing ops. all want tailwheel endorsement + time in type. Neither of which I have. Skydiving places that i've head back from want like 500-1000 hours which to me is rediculous since everybody is wearing parachutes anyways. Insurance is what they tell me, BS. Also the pipeline patrol/aerial survey jobs are filled to, at least from what i've found. So it's not like i'm not trying to find something, it's just real tough.

Down here in TN it's a little bit hard to get "Alaska time" so that's kind of out of the question.

Believe me, I've sent resumes to instruct, banner tow, and DZs. Banner towing ops. all want tailwheel endorsement + time in type. Neither of which I have. Skydiving places that i've head back from want like 500-1000 hours which to me is rediculous since everybody is wearing parachutes anyways. Insurance is what they tell me, BS. Also the pipeline patrol/aerial survey jobs are filled to, at least from what i've found. So it's not like i'm not trying to find something, it's just real tough.

Down here in TN it's a little bit hard to get "Alaska time" so that's kind of out of the question.

CFI is all you can do it seems, you could come up here and CFI for 200TT and then go to the bush and make decent coin.

Could you give me the names of some flight schools around there? There is hardly anything to offer in the lower 48!

Also, what kind of money do bush pilots make? Just curious..

Could you give me the names of some flight schools around there? There is hardly anything to offer in the lower 48!

Also, what kind of money do bush pilots make? Just curious..

Take FLight Alaska
Aero Tech
Land And Sea Aviation
there are others, just hit the internets, call these places, tell them exactly what you want to do (e.g. build alaska time and go to the bush)\

as for pay, it varries

When you find this 60K job in the northeast that keeps you home everynight let me know. Myself as well as around 15 other guys I personally know are all looking for just about the same thing...except we want 80K and weekends off.

Will do my friend! The comment I made was to ppragman, and it was in response to a guy looking to fly in Alaska. I know the thread is specifically for 60K and up jobs in the NE, but we sort of got side tracked if you noticed.

Skydiving places that i've head back from want like 500-1000 hours which to me is rediculous since everybody is wearing parachutes anyways. Insurance is what they tell me, BS.

It's not "rediculous". Far from it. Not to be condescending, but you don't know what you don't know.

It's not "rediculous". Far from it. Not to be condescending, but you don't know what you don't know.

You're absolutely right. I don't know why the insurance companies have a problem with somebody, commercial pilot and maybe even CFI, flying the plane with everybody, except for the pilot, wearing a parachute. For some reason though, insurance companies will let a private pilot with 50 hours fly 4 people in a 172 across the U.S. and that's ok.

You're absolutely right. I don't know why the insurance companies have a problem with somebody, commercial pilot and maybe even CFI, flying the plane with everybody, except for the pilot, wearing a parachute. For some reason though, insurance companies will let a private pilot with 50 hours fly 4 people in a 172 across the U.S. and that's ok.
There is a huge difference between you taking up 3 of your friends and killing everybody, and being paid to take possibly hundreds of people up per day, who are paying passengers, and the liability that entails.

Oh yeah, also, the pilot wears a chute. Everybody on a meat missile airplane has a chute. Below about 2-2500', nobody, even with a chute, stands a chance at getting out (from what the missiles told me a few years ago).

Back