UPS Hiring

Post is live... Good Luck to everyone that applies!
As mentioned earlier, looking for three new UPSers

As mentioned earlier, looking for three new UPSers
definitely throwning my name into that hat.

Less than 3 hours got my TBNT 🥲
On one hand, it’s at least nice that they were so responsive, on the other, a TBNT is never fun. I wasn’t personally interested in applying but I peeked the posting. Seems like by requiring that many years of service (on the domestic side at least) would weed out most people looking for a job. But anyone who’s done maybe some 135 or 121 cargo that required some international flight planning would have a leg up on that. Either way, best of luck to those that apply!

The concept of a pension is great but what happens when a company files bankruptcy and they go after the pension? That's a very valid concern, as that has happened in this industry.

Company match/donations do not count against your max contribution (23k this year, not including catch up). If I recall correctly the max match/donation this year is around 60k.

I'd rather a generous 401k plan. As JG Wentworth would say... It's my money and I want it now!
The laws around this have changed significantly, not that they can’t change again. UPS is 120 years old and has a net operating income of, usually, the top two airlines combined. Last year it was more than all passenger majors combined.

Never say never, but I’m saying never.

Less than 3 hours got my TBNT 🥲
I got my TBNT in less than 24 hours. Wow. With their 4-year domestic dispatch experience requirement, I'll try again in 2026. Does getting experience at other cargo shops, help land a gig at UPS or FedEx?

I got my TBNT in less than 24 hours. Wow. With their 4-year domestic dispatch experience requirement, I'll try again in 2026. Does getting experience at other cargo shops, help land a gig at UPS or FedEx?
Possibly but it’s really up the hiring mgr/department. Not sure how much hiring Purple will be doing in the near future with all the changes going on there to the operation. I’ll leave it to the Purple folks to chime in though

The concept of a pension is great but what happens when a company files bankruptcy and they go after the pension? That's a very valid concern, as that has happened in this industry.

Company match/donations do not count against your max contribution (23k this year, not including catch up). If I recall correctly the max match/donation this year is around 60k.

I'd rather a generous 401k plan. As JG Wentworth would say... It's my money and I want it now!
I see your point but at this point in time a UPS or FX if they haven't filed BK after 9/11 or COVID they probably won't. I lost a ton of money in my 401k in 2022 . You much more likely to lose what you have in a 401k than one of the big carriers filing BK. Even if they did they have the PBGC to cover it. In your 401k loss you're out of luck. That's why I opted to keep both my 401k at 3% AND a pension rather than go with no pension and 8% match . I don't like keeping all my eggs in one basket .

Back