Private Pilot checkride passed!

It was easy as cake! Looking back, I wouldn't have done anything differently. Such an awesome feeling!

Such a weird thing though when he gave me my temp. certificate... it's just a small white piece of paper. Apparently, the real one arrives in the mail and looks like a green-colored credit card?

But still awesome stuff.

basic info:

13.5 hours to solo for first time

71.3 hours on checkride day

260 takeoffs/landings total on checkride day!

Rock On....and Congrats. It is such an awesome feeling. I can still remember the day a year ago when I got mine. I could nto stop thinking, I am now a certificated pilot. WooHoo !! I am now prepping for my Instrument Checkride and hope to be soon be saying, " I am nor an Instrument Rated Pilot. Congrats Again and keep on learning.

- Jim

Thanks guys! Next step is 141 instrument.

Oh believe me, every flight I've learned something. Even during the checkride (both flight exam and oral).

Sure!

Ground oral exam was a little over an hour long, I'd say about 70 minutes altogther. He was pretty cool about the whole thing because of the 100% on the written. He seemed impressed.

Flight exam: I start the engine, get ready to roll, but his intercom doesn't work. Engine off. Get new intercom. Engine on again, ready to roll. Now his headset won't work. Engine off. New headset. He mentions how this might be a sign that I shouldn't take the checkride. Just what I needed to calm my nerves...

Just your standard manuevers and procedures, short/soft T/O's and landings, stalls, steep turns, emergency engine out, track VORs, divert, etc, etc.
Overall 1.3 hours in the airplane. Awesome experiance.

Well done. Good luck with the rest of your training /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Smilecrunch.gif

Back