PRD Question

irwin2018

Applying to 91/135/121 operators and the subject of PRD has come up. I've created an account and granted access to a few potential employers. All the information looks accurate, except there is nothing listed for my past Part 91/135/121 employers. The "Experience" field is blank. Are previous employers responsible for populating that field or the airman? I've read through AC 120-68G and it seems a bit vague. Another co-worker left for the airlines and said don't worry about it since my current employer is Part 91 and is not required to furnish training records.

I'm by no means an expert, but there was a thread about this either here or elsewhere in the not-too-distant past and what I recall from that was that "stuff" transitions from PRIA to PRD with no rhyme or reason, in no particular order, and that the records might not be complete for several years. Pretty sure the employers and the FAA do this, not the employee. If they wanted us to do it, they'd have to, you know, tell us, tell us how, etc..

I'm by no means an expert, but there was a thread about this either here or elsewhere in the not-too-distant past and what I recall from that was that "stuff" transitions from PRIA to PRD with no rhyme or reason, in no particular order, and that the records might not be complete for several years. Pretty sure the employers and the FAA do this, not the employee. If they wanted us to do it, they'd have to, you know, tell us, tell us how, etc..
Employers do it in 135 land. There is a timetable set up to complete the process, but I don't recall the target dates. I think the deadline for the oldest records may still be out ahead?

Employers do it in 135 land. There is a timetable set up to complete the process, but I don't recall the target dates. I think the deadline for the oldest records may still be out ahead?
I think eveything is out ahead. I looked mine up a few months ago just to see and my records are happenstance. Some for 10 years ago (incomplete) and some from my current carrier (also incomplete).

Sometime in 2024 comes to mind. That’s why we’re doing both processes right now.

• December 7, 2021 - As of this date, FAA Records must be pulled from the PRD.
  • June 22, 2022 - Operators must start reporting new pilot records into the PRD within 30 days and reporting historical records into the PRD.
  • June 12, 2023 - All historical records "that date on or after January 1, 2015" must be reported to the PRD.
  • September 9, 2024 - All historical records dating before January 1, 2015 must be reported to the PRD and "concurrent compliance with the requirements of the PilotRecords Improvement Act will end."
You might find zero records that float over from PRIA. Unless there was a record, and some previous employer can find it, and then that previous employer makes the effort to go log in and update PRD, you may see nothing for a previous employer in your PRD. PRIA was completely voluntary on the part of the responder. IOW, a new employer must ask (or at least show a record of asking). An old employer needn't reply. Therefore, it's distinctly possible that PRD may continue the grand tradition of GIGO.

Again, per my earlier rant on ID waste/ID tech. Why not embed the records in the block chain on your electronic universal ID card? Everything's up to date. Tap your card, and start hauling in the Benjamins for yourself and your employer, and nobody's gotta point fingers or act intentionally forgetful.

Back