Looking for local lender in Virginia Beach/Norfolk

swakid8

Hey everyone

My wife and I are looking to move into a bigger place from our condo. Looking for suggestions on local lenders in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. Thanks!

I know very little about that area of the world and even less about financial matters, but if there are any credit unions that you can join I highly recommend it.

We live in NC but still bank in MD because our credit union there is so awesome. Just a smaller one for federal employees and their family members. When I was a broke regional CFI they approved loans for used cars that dealerships told me couldn't be financed. They only required that I pay a fair price for the vehicle, which of course I did. Our most recent interaction with them was getting a land loan for a property where we'd like to build a lake house. Nobody else was interested because it was too close to our current residence. This placed listened to what exactly we were trying to do and made it happen. Bonus points for the lawyer that closed the sale remarking that we had by far the lowest interest rate he'd seen in the last few months.

I have nothing to add, but as a longtime VA beach resident, live there.......not in the cesspool that is Norfolk (though admittedly there are some nice areas there, it just sucks in general though)

When I bought 2 years ago, we were talking with a local broker, but ended up getting a much better deal through US Bank. The branch we went through was in Northern VA and I never had any in person contact with anybody at the bank. This was for a jumbo loan. I'd be happy to try to put you in touch.

Side note, do you already have a realtor? We used the same person to sell our last house and buy our current. I could not have been any happier with our experience. He will be listing my in laws home as soon as we can get plans in our budget to build an addition for them at our place.

Back