Getting Logbooks Apostilled for Conversion

uswc45

I need to get an Apostille on the last page of my logbook for a foreign airline and their conversion process. The problem is that The US Dept. of State will not apostille my logbooks without a state apostille first. New York Dept. of State will only apostille public documents signed by a state official. I know I'm not the first American to fly for this airline down in Panama so it must have been done before. Have any ideas?

I need to get an Apostille on the last page of my logbook for a foreign airline and their conversion process. The problem is that The US Dept. of State will not apostille my logbooks without a state apostille first. New York Dept. of State will only apostille public documents signed by a state official. I know I'm not the first American to fly for this airline down in Panama so it must have been done before. Have any ideas?

Apostille stamps are a pain in the butt. It usually means something must be endorsed by the lowest level, all the way up to the state department. You probably need it notarized in the state of NY first, then go from there.

Thanks, I'm also looking into the possibility of getting the FAA to sign/stamp my logbook since I need a signature of a "Federal Official" to get the apostille.

I had to do the same for mexico... heres what I did, I hope it works:

1. Walked into a Bank Of America, told them I needed to Notarize my Logbook... soon enough, a lady pulled out her stamp and did so in every page of the book
2. Took the same book to the AZ state capitol and asked for an apostille on the logbook, they charged 5 bucks and stapled a state apostille onto the book itself

The way I see it, any notary can stamp the book, the apostille only certifies that the Notary Public you went to is affiliated to the State he/she is in.

Ted & Charlie,

I learned a new word today: apostille. I wanta share it with you cuz words are important and I love words.

http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/c16921.htm

I have NEVER heard this word in my 66 years on Earth.

Apparently, some xxitbag airline is demanding pilot applicants "apostille" their logbooks, creating a problem for the poor, farging bastiches trying to apply for what is likely a xxitty job in the first place.

These poor people are agonizing over how to get their logbooks "apostilled" to gain employment.

I remember some xxxxx discussions about logbook certification and how one could get "stamps" made in Asia to certify one's own logbook vs some official but equally pointless act achieving the same end. This would NOT appear to resemble an actual apostille, which requires the collaboration of countless government cubicle droids.

[there's a link to the original, motivating issue at the end of this blatherment]

I went to the doctor's office recently. I pulled into the UNATTENDED entrance gate to the parking decks where I pushed a big green button, allowing me entrance, and getting a machine to spit out a ticket showing when I entered.

I went up to the doc's office and asked the receptionist, "Do you validate parking tickets ?". She said, "Yes, we do." She then took out a stamp, tamped it on an ink pad and applied the stamp to my ticket.

After the visit, I took the ticket to an ATTENDED exit gate where I presented the stamped ticket to a semi-humanoid life form and was allowed to exit without paying for parking.

This was appropriate considering the amount I paid some clown in a white coat to behave like an airline HR bot.

I think I got my parking ticket apostilled and that transaction was of more actual value than some poor guy who had to have his logbook subjected to a similar process.

There are moments when sitting on the balcony watching these poor, farging bastiches thrash wildly in the roiling scrum looks like a better option than being one of them. This would be one of those moments...I am thoroughly enjoying it and thank you for allowing me to share it with you.

But, they're better men than I. In similar circumstances, I'd have reacted VERY badly and ended up as the sack of protoplasm at the attended exit gate in the parking deck granting free passage to apostilled parking tickets.

PILOT SHORTAGE ? I RATHER THINK NOT.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/getting-logbooks-apostilled-for-conversion.181097/

Lol, so the logbooks are "apostilled" (had to look that one up to), but in reality you could still just make the whole thing up, except now, it's a piece of made up paper with an official stamp! Yay!

Well I figured it all out and I'll post the process below in case someone else has to do this. Turns out that you need three people in different cities to verify your own signature and theirs. Here are the steps:

1. Go to a Notary Public
2. Go to county courthouse to verify the notary public's signature who verified your signature
3. Go to your state's Department of State building to receive an apostille verifying that the Notary Public who verified your signature was verified by the county courthouse.
4. Go to the U.S. Department of State in Wshington D.C. to receive a second apostille verifying that your signature was verified by the notry public who was verified by the county courthouse which was verified by the state.

So I just spent $114 in fees and transportation and what does this prove? That it was DEFINITELY me who signed my logbook.

Ted & Charlie,

I learned a new word today: apostille. I wanta share it with you cuz words are important and I love words.

http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/c16921.htm

I have NEVER heard this word in my 66 years on Earth.

Apparently, some xxitbag airline is demanding pilot applicants "apostille" their logbooks, creating a problem for the poor, farging bastiches trying to apply for what is likely a xxitty job in the first place.

These poor people are agonizing over how to get their logbooks "apostilled" to gain employment.

I remember some xxxxx discussions about logbook certification and how one could get "stamps" made in Asia to certify one's own logbook vs some official but equally pointless act achieving the same end. This would NOT appear to resemble an actual apostille, which requires the collaboration of countless government cubicle droids.

[there's a link to the original, motivating issue at the end of this blatherment]

I went to the doctor's office recently. I pulled into the UNATTENDED entrance gate to the parking decks where I pushed a big green button, allowing me entrance, and getting a machine to spit out a ticket showing when I entered.

I went up to the doc's office and asked the receptionist, "Do you validate parking tickets ?". She said, "Yes, we do." She then took out a stamp, tamped it on an ink pad and applied the stamp to my ticket.

After the visit, I took the ticket to an ATTENDED exit gate where I presented the stamped ticket to a semi-humanoid life form and was allowed to exit without paying for parking.

This was appropriate considering the amount I paid some clown in a white coat to behave like an airline HR bot.

I think I got my parking ticket apostilled and that transaction was of more actual value than some poor guy who had to have his logbook subjected to a similar process.

There are moments when sitting on the balcony watching these poor, farging bastiches thrash wildly in the roiling scrum looks like a better option than being one of them. This would be one of those moments...I am thoroughly enjoying it and thank you for allowing me to share it with you.

But, they're better men than I. In similar circumstances, I'd have reacted VERY badly and ended up as the sack of protoplasm at the attended exit gate in the parking deck granting free passage to apostilled parking tickets.

PILOT SHORTAGE ? I RATHER THINK NOT.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/getting-logbooks-apostilled-for-conversion.181097/

My thoughts exactly

Back