Another VMC example...

And what was your worth noting !
View attachment 40348

I feel like I'm jumping in a bar fight, but how is the article not related to the OP? I thought it was the accident synopsis.
You're both correct and I apologize. I only read the portion that @Bear qouted in his post and didn't look at the link provided. I didn't post an opinion about the accident because I know nothing about it. Some people like to quote parts of articles that other people have written without expressing why they think it may be important. My opinion of the video/accident is that it almost seems like something you'd only see in a video game, trying to thread a path through the standing tails of parked planes in an airliner boneyard looks like a Hollywood CG project. Elliot is a test pilot, a race pilot and an aeronautical engineer, I'm not going to second guess his desicions.

This guy is literally a professional test pilot and engineer. We would all be lucky to have 10% the brain he has. Lets all talk about what we would have done differently, but when a guy of this caliber balls one up maybe...just MAYBE you should listen.
I am not doubting he is reasonably qualified, but I would have a hard time saying someone with less than 50 hours of multi time is a "test pilot" as to my understanding what a test pilot is.

Back