Housing prices

My house flip tested clean last week. So we can start the process with completion of the voluntary clean up program through Ecology.

Onward and upward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least I'm guessing they didn't take a completely good OEM document, and demand Airbus rewrite it to match the 767 manual (which Boeing had been asked to rewrite to match the DC10 manual, which had been rewritten to match the DC8 manual).

They kind of threw some un-indexed, non-searchable document at us without the ability to bookmark.

The latest is an improvement, I should probably crack it open again as I’m about to go back into training for some “stuff”. But it was terrible.

”Hey! If I type in ‘engine anti ice’ it comes up with zero results.”

”Oh, PROC NOR NOR PROT ICE BLARG SPLOCK SAZZA FRAZZ ice prot and it’ll bring up what you’re looking for”

They kind of threw some un-indexed, non-searchable document at us without the ability to bookmark.

The latest is an improvement, I should probably crack it open again as I’m about to go back into training for some “stuff”. But it was terrible.

”Hey! If I type in ‘engine anti ice’ it comes up with zero results.”

”Oh, PROC NOR NOR PROT ICE BLARG SPLOCK SAZZA FRAZZ ice prot and it’ll bring up what you’re looking for”

Yeah that response makes perfect sense to anyone working in the training department. Anyone else it’s just pure gibberish…

I don't necessarily think the pay is commensurate with the work either, but I do imagine that realtors spend a lot of time in an unpaid status. The ones I know who do well for themselves are engaged in a full time hustle. I want no part of that. But I do sympathize with your complaints about dual buyer/seller agents, and the ridiculous racket that is "appraising". Shocker, the house appraised at the new asking price. TLDR version......that not only legitimatizes the asking price, but also allows VA loan funding, which requires mortgages to match appraised value (or something along those lines)

Gal on the cover is a 1 though
I see that you too speak in binary.

One of my jokes:

“There’s three types of people in this world: Those who can count, and those who can’t.”

You’d be surprised how many people respond:

“What’s the third…?”

*SIGH*

Man, I get it. But if we're being philosophically consistent, this is the same argument that says you should allow speculators trade critical infrastructure, like oil, gas, etc, when all they really do is eff up the market for personal enrichment.

So, here’s comes a bill…

$44k for a kitchen remodel (plus appliances) sound about right? Changing tube lights to recessed lighting, new cabinets, countertops, backsplash, sink, under cabinet lighting, and appropriate holes in the wall for gas range exhaust and water line.

I wish I had the skill and patience to do this kinda crap myself. But with three young ones, I have zero desire to get my hands dirty for anything right now.
Just spent $80k on a kitchen remodel. A lot of factors will change the cost quickly.

Yup. This had been the case but a while but the numbers of private equity firms buying SFH skyrocketed since the pandemic when interest rates fell. Even now, they seem unfazed.

The real fix is an increase in housing construction, like yesterday (10 yrs ago). But that said, people are to blame too. SFH is seen - and treated - by people like long term investments, instead of a life necessity. So why do we get surprised when investment firms jump into the pool?

Apparently there is legislation pending to stop the practice.

The French are doing the same thing. 320, 320-1, 320-2, 320+1 then NEOs, and LR or XLR... Just waiting on a R.S., Type R, or Grand Touring model.

Back