Starliner Test Flight

Meanwhile, SpaceX has made crewed spaceflight routine and just achieved a soft landing of a Saturn V sized booster. Insane how far ahead their technology is from “old space” now.
Rad to see soft landings for both ship & booster today. They are so far ahead of everyone else it’s laughable.

(Elon is still a wanker for now btw)

Apparently the Starliner arrived at the ISS, although they had to overcome some faulty thrusters as they approached/docked. I wonder how those astronauts feel about climbing back into it for the ride home?

Checks notes, ahhh more helium leaks after being airborne.

Damn glad it got off the pad safely, now it’ll be curious as to what the helium leaks mean both short & long term.

Well NOW you say it.....that would have been great info MANY HOURS AGO!!!!

:)

(Elon is still a wanker for now btw)

Most innovators are.

Rockefeller, Edison, Marconi, Bell, Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Kellogg, DuPont, the Wrights, and the innumerable others were all wankers. But that goes with the territory. Invent something new or go a different way, and you have to be a bit of a wanker to keep the tossers and parasites at bay, keep people from stealing your s4!t or shutting you down because you're busting their hustle.

But one thing I will say they do over the current "innovators" like teh googlezboyes and Facebookkid, is they actually built stuff, heated/lit homes, cured diseases, fed people and did things that improved your fellow traveller's lot in life. That's way more that can be said for cheating the market, posing your relationship status or surfing the latest pr0n.

Musk's way gets us closer to getting off this rock, as a step to the stars, where we MUST go. If he's a bit of a tool, I'm OK with that, because he's in good company.

Most innovators are.

Rockefeller, Edison, Marconi, Bell, Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Kellogg, DuPont, the Wrights, and the innumerable others were all wankers. But that goes with the territory. Invent something new or go a different way, and you have to be a bit of a wanker to keep the tossers and parasites at bay, keep people from stealing your s4!t or shutting you down because you're busting their hustle.

But one thing I will say they do over the current "innovators" like teh googlezboyes and Facebookkid, is they actually built stuff, heated/lit homes, cured diseases, fed people and did things that improved your fellow traveller's lot in life. That's way more that can be said for cheating the market, posing your relationship status or surfing the latest pr0n.

Musk's way gets us closer to getting off this rock, as a step to the stars, where we MUST go. If he's a bit of a tool, I'm OK with that, because he's in good company.
Pretty decent distance between wanker and say eccentric.

I like eccentric, prefer it way more than vanilla in fact. But once you tread into wanker territory you aren't devoid of well deserved criticism.

Pretty decent distance between wanker and say eccentric.

I like eccentric, prefer it way more than vanilla in fact. But once you tread into wanker territory you aren't devoid of well deserved criticism.

And that's fine, but he's the one putting s4!t in orbit, and we're two people bitching on teh interwebz.

And that's fine, but he's the one putting s4!t in orbit, and we're two people bitching on teh interwebz.
Ha. True. It's a love-hate thing with him at the moment. SpaceX is just about the coolest shizz ever and I'm glad there are very smart folks running the show behind the scenes.

One of those internet viral rumors started floating around about the ISS Commander getting hypoxic in a space suit yesterday, it was based on a "communication" between ground and the station that apparently was a practice exercise and somehow the audio was leaked and all of the folks aboard were sleeping and no one was in harms way. If you poke around a bit on the intertubes there are rumors of very unhappy people up there making life miserable for others. I'm sure none of it is true and everything's fine.

Does the classic Boeing phrase now need to change to: “if it’s Boeing, I’m not going”

Link:

1718386393706.png

Back