low-carb non perishable foods...

Johnny150

The Warden
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me expand my list of low-carb and healthy non perishable foods/refrigeration not needed?

canned chicken
beef jerky
nuts low carb pecan, Brazil
low carb bars
olives
hard cheese
salami
tuna packet
dill pickles
green pepper
cucumber
tomato

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me expand my list of low-carb and healthy non perishable foods/refrigeration not needed?

canned chicken
beef jerky
low carb bars
olives
hard cheese
salami
tuna packet
dill pickles
green pepper
cucumber
tomato
No carbs but you are going to turn into a salt lick after you eat all that.

Peanut Butter - Natural or Almond Butter
Celery doesn't need refrigeration for a couple days usually.
Avocado
Hummus
Unsweetened Apple Sauce
String Cheese

There are special lunch boxes and other carrying options that keep foods cold, that way you don't have to stick to such a boring diet. I love the mason jar clean salad recipes all over the place. Convenient to prepare in advance, carry and eat.

Hummus and unsweetened apple sauce would be considered no no's on a true low carb plan...

The tuna packs are great, the salmon packs are better. Trader joes also has smoked trout...your cockpit partner will love you.

It's definitely a brown area on the "would you want to share a cockpit with someone who's been snacking on it for 3 days?" discussion.

A lot of those items on his list would not be fun to be around. Jerky, canned chicken, canned tuna, salami, and dill pickle smells just aren't wonderful. Super Stinky!

None need to be eaten in the cockpit... They just need to be non perishable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello,

canned chicken [not healthy. Typically loaded with salt]
beef jerky
low carb bars
olives
hard cheese
salami [not healthy. Especially for your circulatory system]
tuna packet
dill pickles
green pepper
cucumber
tomato

Apples, oranges, and bananas can go for a while without refrigeration. Brussel sprouts, carrots, beets, turnips, and cabbage can go for several days without refrigeration. Sugar free peanut butter, while rather boring, doesn't need refrigeration. I'll try to come up with some more ideas.

Pretty much if you roam the outer walls of Trader Joes that is all non-perishable healthy food. My favorites are the dried mangos.

I also brought a big container full of spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and fake veggie meat. I didnt refrigerate that for a couple days and lived to tell the tale. Delicious too.

In general low carb means protein. Meat generally, also beans. Fruit in any form, while delicious, is most definitely not 'low carb' and also tends to be high in sugar (fructose). One banana has something like 30 carbs alone.

Pretty much if you roam the outer walls of Trader Joes that is all non-perishable healthy food. My favorites are the dried mangos.

I also brought a big container full of spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and fake veggie meat. I didnt refrigerate that for a couple days and lived to tell the tale. Delicious too.

Trader Joes is dangerous. They have such a large variety of "that sounds interesting" food that I end up buying too much stuff.

Back